Solo!!!

Photo of the finished product

Photo of the finished product

He is a photo of the finished machine. Tell the FAA to hurry the number along. The ship want's UP! Me too.

Attachments

• The Machine.jpg
    The Machine.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1
He is a photo of the finished machine.

How about a few more close up photos. Interior also.

I'll be glad to Chuck. I'm leaving for work today and I'll be back on Thursday or Friday. I'll take some then and get them posted.

Thanks for all the support and positive comments

Curt

Here are some of the photo's I took. The top right is the panel. Middle is the Com Radio (Becker) Transponder w/mode C, and intercom with music jack. The radio and transponder would not fit in the panel so I made a box and moved them out 3 inches. The radio system works great. The top left is the RAF Tach's I'm having problems with. The Bottom 4 are the Fuel System.

Attachments

• Complete Panel.jpg
    Complete Panel.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Radio-Transponder-Intercom.jpg
    Radio-Transponder-Intercom.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Fuel Label.jpg
    Fuel Label.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Fuel System 1.jpg
    Fuel System 1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Fuel System 2.jpg
    Fuel System 2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Fuel System 3.jpg
    Fuel System 3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I've tried to load more, but I'll die of old age before the site lets them load. I'll try some more later. Sorry

Curt

Curt,

You've come a long ways in a pretty short amount of time. I'm impressed and excited for your. Before you know it your machine will be registered and instected and you will be leading the charge into the air, here in Utah. Congratualations!!!

Gyro Doug

Thanks Doug. I always appreciate your positive thoughts. Here are a couple more shots. Top left is the home made door latch. There are three on each door. Top middle is a pilots side. Top Right is the new seat and seat belts. Bottom three are: The heater hose routing. I didn't want to much exposier to hot water in the cockpit, so I ran the hoses on the out side. Next, I drilled and safety wired any bolt that did not have a ny-lock nut. This was also the case for the two bolts that control the fore and aft limit of the rotor head. Finialy I put an extra spring on the brake cable to ensure the brakes would always be unlocked when landing. Probabaly overkill, but it makes me feel good.. If there is anything else someone wants to see, let me know. I'll try to get it.

See ya'll later. Have a great week.

Curt

Attachments

• Home Made Latch.JPG
    Home Made Latch.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Home Made Latches 1.JPG
    Home Made Latches 1.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
  • New Seats.JPG
    New Seats.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Rotor Head and Hub Bar.JPG
    Rotor Head and Hub Bar.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Buisness End.JPG
    Buisness End.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Brakes, Wheel, Axle.JPG
    Brakes, Wheel, Axle.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Heater Hose Route.JPG
    Heater Hose Route.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Safety Wired Bolts.JPG
    Safety Wired Bolts.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Nice job Curtis! I really like the simplicity of the door latches. I wish you many hours of pleasure in your fantastic machine!

PS. I'll have this machine at the Rotors over the Rocky's event. I look forward to meeting a lot of you.

Great I'll see you there!

It's does look good!!!

that's a great looking machine, and I bet it's stable one as well. best of luck to you. fly safe.

Curt, man, you got it going, we are proud of your achievement, because some of us have been in your shoes, and we know how hard it is to get to sleep, once the day has wound down, you will loose some sleep, and won't even realize it for a few days, until your family will say, you look tired.

congratulations Curt.

Wayne

Curt, Way to go, I hope to be there myself this summer. I should be home from Iraq in time to see your machine at the Rotors over the rockies flyin.

Gary

Zoom...zoom.....zoom..................

Zoom...zoom.....zoom..................

Congratulations on your solo! It is amazing how many things we forget in the span of a lifetime but we never forget the feeling of that very first solo in anything that defies gravity.

OUTSTANDING! Wow, sweet machine, too. Good thing that pod - I had to make my windshield bigger to keep the bugs of my teeth. I yell YEEEEEEE HAAAH!!! an awful lot too....

You guys crack me up!!! Just about the time I start to think of anything else, I either think of that ride or look at your responces and the teeth stick way out front. LIFE IS GREAT!!!

Curt