Solo!!!

Aircraft
Cessna, and Stabilized RAF
Total Flight Time
Today marks one of the greatest milestones of my life. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to fly. When I was a little kid, I used to get two or three pieces of bubble gum in my mouth and try to blow a bubble large enough to lift me into the air. About 10 years ago I got my ppl. in fix wing aircraft, but today with the help of Mike Burton, CFI from AirGyro, Spanish Fork, Utah (Shameless plug) I achieved what I think is the ultimate flight. I solo'ed the SparrowHawk. The grin should come off in a month or two!!! It was great!

Thanks Mike for helping me carve another notch in my belt!

Enjoy the good air. Whip the BadAir into submission.

Curt

Another Gyro Pilot in Utah!!!! We are getting there. Can't wait until I can join this elite group.

Gyro Doug

Great Curt, although I have bad news about that Gyro grin I've been flying gyros for 5 yrs and still can't get rid of it so just learn to live with it! :D

Curt, sure would like to see a photo of your machine, and congratulations.

Wayne

Good job, Curt!

*JC*

Here's a picture.

Here's a picture.

Curt, sure would like to see a photo of your machine, and congratulations.

Wayne

Wayne,

I'm not sure if Curt has figured out how to put pictures on here yet as he is just learning his way around on the forum, so in order to get you and everyone else a quick picture of Curt's beautiful machine I thought I would post a picture I have of it. I am sure he has much better pictures and can post them as he figures it out.

Gyro Doug

Attachments

• Curt & his  RAF 10-08 004 (Small).jpg
    Curt & his RAF 10-08 004 (Small).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Doug for the photo and thanks all for the support. I look forward to the dreaded PERMA-GRIN. I was talking to some fixed wing guys today. They were congratulating themselves on the fine cross wind landings. Again I smiled. So little cross taxiways and still so MUCH Room for the gyro!

I'll get some pictures as soon as my seat comes back from getting covered.

Thanks again all!

Curt

To display my newness, whats a guy got to do to get another star? (I know; learn to post photo's, right?)

Curt,

When you see a guys name with lots of stars it just means they are spending too much time on the computer instead of flying their machines. For some of us that is the only thing available to us right now. It may be desirable (to some) to have a lot of stars after their name but I promise you it is much more fulfilling to have that Gyro Grin on your face from being out their flying like a bird. You're on the right track, just keep up the good work.

Gyro Doug

Nope; just more posts!

You also get more stars when you are a supporter of the forum. This is done by donating some money to Todd to help with the expense of running this site. Todd does this out of his own pocket and I am sure every little bit helps.

At 10 grand a star, Todd you and Mike must be loaded...:) I think what ever it takes to keep this site going.. It's been a lifesaver for me.. And a lot of fun too. Thanks..

Curt

Congrats!!! Enjoy the addiction.