Soliciting Drama

Vance, Don't over moderate my friend...

I moderated this forum for YEARS and YEARS..... The one thing I learned is the less involved I was ( as far as removing posts, or banning people ) the better.

What no wings attached posted was not a personal attack, he did not call names, and whether he is right or wrong with what he posted, he did not violate any forum rules.

I will be the first one to say No wings can sure post some stupid stuff and he often makes himself look bad in the eyes of the majority here with his behavior... But at the same time, if you are going to be deleting posts and or banning people that aren't really doing any real harm, that reflects badly on you, Todd, and the forum as a whole.

Soliciting discussion regarding someone soliciting drama is not likely to end well. You are a moderator. Moderate.
Ron's first sentence is a good guide, IMO.

I believe if people can’t be civil and have adult conversations on this forum then they shouldn't post on this forum.
And before anybody gets all over my crap for what I just said..... there are ways to get your point across without belittling or demeaning conversation towards other people.
Now......let's all hug it out! 😏

Last edited:
Soliciting discussion regarding someone soliciting drama is not likely to end well. You are a moderator. Moderate.
Ron's first sentence is a good guide, IMO.
I myself found a moderator starting a thread like this...tone deaf.

Despite numerous polite requests, warnings and simple good manners, it seems moderation was finally called for...and applied.

Moderation...in moderation has been applied, in a quiet and effective non confrontational way with a quiet removal.

A decision that many welcomed.

Explanation was not required

Last edited:
Those of you know me after 12 years posting here!

Those who know me in person ...from fly-ins & around the gyro world.

KNOW I DON'T TAKE CRAP ....from certain people who pop up here - & NEED a little "Whack-a-mole" "kneecapping!" ...when they rehash old past grievances!!!

judicious ...IN & OUT ...say my piece --ONE & DONE!

"Don't engage ...walk away "!!! - I HAVE got better at sucking down my opinionated combative nature (when challenged!) ...thanks to 30 great years with my beloved FJ ... he STILL moderates me ...even if no longer walking this earth!

Apologies to Barry for stirring up "trouble" ...on his great event thread!

I have received many invitations to come to Barry Days/ Wrens events! (I think I'm thankful that the alternate events -closer-to-home conflicts that keep me away are a GOOD THING ... I expect I may become persona -non-grata ...should I EVER have to interact with 2 characters who will /do show up there!)

I only pop in here now & then ..not daily , so I thankfully missed the responses that got deleted/amended originals!

Peace & safe-flying!

Thanks moderators for keeping it CLEAN!

Isn't it INTERESTING ..... HOW the ongoing hissy-fit narrative -response to my ONE "whack-a-mole" post KEEPS getting edited, amended ..... I feel the calling out-by- last name & now using my full name linked to my "temporary " PRA role as acting president until elections( due to President's resignation ) and tossing his toys out of the crib by saying ...he's boycotting the convention & not coming to the big 60th bash ...(HUH 10th?????). ...is just petty & pathetic! ........Drama drama drama!!!

Last edited:
Those of you know me after 12 years posting here!

Those who know me in person ...from fly-ins & around the gyro world.

KNOW I DON'T TAKE CRAP ....from certain people who pop up here - & NEED a little "Whack-a-mole" "kneecapping!" ...when they rehash old past grievances!!!

judicious ...IN & OUT ...say my piece --ONE & DONE!

"Don't engage ...walk away "!!! - I HAVE got better at sucking down my opinionated combative nature (when challenged!) ...thanks to 30 great years with my beloved FJ ... he STILL moderates me ...even if no longer walking this earth!

Apologies to Barry for stirring up "trouble" ...on his great event thread!

I have received many invitations to come to Barry Days/ Wrens events! (I think I'm thankful that the alternate events -closer-to-home conflicts that keep me away are a GOOD THING ... I expect I may become persona -non-grata ...should I EVER have to interact with 2 characters who will /do show up there!)

I only pop in here now & then ..not daily , so I thankfully missed the responses that got deleted!

Peace & safe-flying!

Thanks moderators for keeping it CLEAN!
I don't know who the two characters are you mention.... I would assume No Wings is one, Curious who the second one is.

I will mention this though, And this is not just a Ron observation, cause I have had several people tell me the same thing.... No Wings is a different person when you see him in the flesh live and in action at these events. He is nice, causes no trouble, and doesn't run his mouth like you would expect. Even when interacting with people that have had rough dealings with him on the forums, in person there is no drama.

Personally, I think he might be into drinking, and drinking a little too much sometimes, cause all of his crazy postings all come late at night, as if maybe he is tired and drunk and letting the booze take over his keyboard... Hell, my wife likes to drink and when she is what I consider drunk, she can be either super cool and super fun or can just like that... become the most evil bitch the world has ever seen. None of that excuses anything he has said, but it might explain why he can be so different in person than online.

Ahhh... so meta ...

This takes me back to the ancient days of Norm's forum.. Craig Wall was a prolific poster who was smart, but a bit intemperate online. Yet he, too, was a great guy in person... in addition to being smart.

Like the little red light on a video camera, a keyboard can induce temporary brain death.

Some of us are rescued from this fate by being such lousy typists that it takes hours to write one post. That's time enough to cool off and re-start your brain.