SOLD......1971 McColloch J2 #58 out of 83 made

Just found some blades from a guy up up here in the Nw with only a few hrs if that helps anybody that was on the fence about buying my J2

My suggestion would be to post photos and put your ad on Barnstormers. It will go worldwide and has a very large following. People will be looking for Total Time, engine and airframe and number of years of inactivity. The last J2 I remember watching sold on Barnstormers and went to OZ. The cost for a Barnstormers ad is 35 bucks. Don’t forget Craigslist. I just sold an engine using that platform.
Bob

Just found some blades from a guy up up here in the Nw with only a few hrs if that helps anybody that was on the fence about buying my J2

yep I have it on Craigslistwith more info hrs etc... one guy wants it just for the engine another wanted good rotors and now I found them for sale in Wa state and also I will put it on Barnstormers or trade a plane but the whole shipping thing I want to avoid

Jimmy shipping might yield your greatest profit. I would tell the buyer that shipping is his responsibility but agree to assist.

OK I were I'll do that I was just a little leery of international buying cross state etc.. as far as payment goes open to more scams I have sold alot of things on Craiglist so I am pretty savvy on scams but selling like this you never meet them in person so any advise on accepting.payment from ya that would be cool Thank you

OK I were I'll do that I was just a little leery of international buying cross state etc.. as far as payment goes open to more scams I have sold alot of things on Craiglist so I am pretty savvy on scams but selling like this you never meet them in person so any advise on accepting.payment from ya that would be cool Thank you
I used escrow.com to purchase an R-22 governor from England. Worked perfectly.
smiles,
Charles

I had my mechanic prepare an export certificate of airworthiness for my J-2, and fit the aircraft into a shipping container with tanks and rotorhead removed. I had the sale documents make clear that the sale was complete at the mechanic's shop, and the shipping and duties thereafter were to be borne by the buyer.

THANK you Waspair some more good info some guy just called me on Craigslist up her in Seattle and just wants the motor for 12K for his newer gyro and that would be a shame but at this point we just want it gone and out of the salt air on the coast and also her and her husband have been thru this before and sold their 47 Buick Super 8 to a guy in England and she said it went fine but was a big hassle that she would not prefer to do again

Last edited:
A shame to have a rare and complete airworthy aircraft undergo a heart removal, but I understand.

A shame to have a rare and complete airworthy aircraft undergo a heart removal, but I understand.
Yep I agree but it needs to get out of the salt air I am open to trades to something I can sell and know more about and easier to sell I told another member that was interested but he but could not find blades but I did find some and told him but no response back so I do what I got to do

Last edited:
Yep I agree but it needs to get out of the salt air I am open to trades to something I can sell and know more about and easier to sell I told another member that was interested but he but could not find blades but I did find some and told him but no response back so I do what I got to do
Been trying to contact Tom Milton, but no success so far......

Do you know of any one with parts, specifically new blades? Thx
I own N4315G and am just now getting to the point of putting it all back together. It sat in a garage in Florida for ten years after having had a major on the 0-360. I brought it back to Texas on a trailer. I bought N4320G from Si Smith back in 1986, flew it back to Texas with Si, and then flew it for 120 hours. I was young and decided I needed a "faster airplane," so I sold 4320G to a NASA engineer. Throughout all the years of owning and flying different fixed wings, I have always thought that the most fun flying I ever had was in that J-2. So, I bought N4315G when it became available. It is certified, and I intend to keep it that way. I am fortunate in having an A&P who rebuilt and flies his Hiller Model E and who is delighted to get to work on the J-2. I am hoping to have it flying again by the end of the summer or early fall. We'll see.

Oh. I meant to say that my machine has only 97 hours on it. Logs are scanty, but I believe that it spent some time in a museum. The original engine was sold off at that time, I'm thinking. A different O-360-A1D was installed in the late '90s by Don Farrington. Farrington's signature is in the engine logbook, for sure. I bought Marv Wessel's spare parts, so I have a good many spares, including lots of rotor head parts, including a complete McCulloch rotor head. My blades have 97 hours so far, but I got Marv's spare blades in the parts deal. They have 37.5 hours on them and are quite nice. They came with a logbook and a set of X-rays that I suppose Marv had done on them. Check with me when you need a new main rotor bearing. I have 12 brand new ones in my closet. They are only good for 300 hours, but that's a pretty good bit of flying in a J-2. I am glad to see there are some other J-2s out there. I think only eight are still on the FAA Registry.

Last edited:
I own N4315G and am just now getting to the point of putting it all back together.
I'm in central TX and I'd love to come see it once you get it going. I've only seen one J2 in person, years ago in a flight museum.

Eric