So far so good! DAR transition

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
I hinted that big changes were coming to the FAA, they have started.

I just received my DAR renewal. I now answer to a computer somewhere in the FAA. It seems like they are having machines manage DARs from now on.

I will learn more as I go along. The good news is that I am still a Designee.

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
I just received an electronic notice, from the FAA, not to issue an airworthiness certificate for a particular gyro on the East Coast. The subject gyro was "blackballed" by an inspector, with a list of items that failed the inspection for certification.
Notifications like this are how the FAA keeps applicants from "shopping" for an airworthiness with different DARs. The applicant can still get their aircraft certified by correcting the discrepancies (they could all be paperwork?) Good luck to the applicant!

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Thanks Tom ! (who is it ?) shhhhh !

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,Eagle 150B, Titan T51, Thatcher CX4, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Congrats Tom!! Glad to hear you're still in the game!! Let me know when you're gonna be in the NC area!!

Barry

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
CLS447;n1134004 said:
Thanks Tom ! (who is it ?) shhhhh !
Someone trying to bring in a Eurogyro and probably having paperwork problems. Some folks see Eurogyros for sale and assume they can buy them like a Cessna, not so today. I was just making a comment as all I know is the applicant was rejected for "discrepancies" ?

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
ultracruiser41;n1134014 said:
Congrats Tom!! Glad to hear you're still in the game!! Let me know when you're gonna be in the NC area!!

Barry
Going through complicated and busy times right now. Explanation coming soon.............. all good!