snobrid vs bandit

jany77

Aircraft
cessna 150,172,182,trikes,ul
Total Flight Time
over 2000
im looking for some advice ,I currently came across these gyroplanes for sale both have been demonstrated to me and they both fly,im looking for some advice on what would be better deal the bandit has 503 rotax prerotator ,oil injection and rotordyne blades,the snobird has hirth 65 hp fuel injected ,24' dragon wings and prerotor ,the price is the same and they both are airworthy,i know they are not new designs and im not looking for advice how to buy clt machine ,my gyroplane is almost done but these are just way too good deals to pass on

Attachments

• DSCN4782.jpg
    DSCN4782.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN4843.JPG
    DSCN4843.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1
jany77

The Bandit just never became very popular and the Snobird was popular for quite some time----- there was a reason ;)

Tony

Fyi

Fyi

Old 08-11-2011, 08:12 AM
FAA DAR Gyropilot

The SnoBird's high thrust line and inadequate HS require it to have a complete redesign. The redesign would render the most valuable assets of the company nearly worthless (manuals, jigs, dies, etc.)
There were fatal PIO accidents in all models of the SnoBird. The most recent, in a two place, pretty well illustrated the need for a properly designed gyro. It left little room for conjecture. Sad, the SnoBird was my baby.

I would buy the snobird then use the horizontal stab as a template to make a bigger one, maybe twice the size, then fly the heck out of it.

Last edited:
I'd rather be flying behind a 503 rotax than any Hirth. Buy them both and swap engines.

If they're both a really good deal, buy both, then sell the one you decide you don't want later.