SnoBird Tandem

Do they have a flying example of the new snobird or is it exactly the same product they were selling when they went out of bisness? There was needed upgrades to the old Snobird gyros .
I like the Snobird and hope they do well ! :)

Tom Milton had reported that Fred Blair had partnered with Mittler Bros to produce the snobird. Mittler Brothers has the horsepower to do it the right way, at least I think they do. (If Mittler Brothers are still involved.)

Yes, Mittler Bros. are teamed up with Fred and it's beginning to take hold. Freds working on a drop keel version for a current customer. Fred has made a new tail plug, over sized with large horizontal stabs.

Give Fred a call 618-267-5452

They also need to correct the control-system design defect that killed LeRoy Hardee and his passenger in Florida, if they haven't yet.

Doug,

They have. The way the cyclic rod is captured on the end is different, so the fastener can't work loose and jam the control input.

I spoke to Fred Blair on 4/11/2017. He is no longer associated with Mittler Bros and is moving his operation. Fred fully intends to continue his efforts on the SnoBird and graciously offered to support our build.

Last edited:
Doug Riley;n927907 said:
They also need to correct the control-system design defect that killed LeRoy Hardee and his passenger in Florida, if they haven't yet.

I fixed that problem with a fail safe attachment when I owned SnoBird back in the 90's.