Small Coaxial Helicopter SCH-2A

I thought this was a great interview telling the story from the designer Miro. Very inspiring!

The dam yaw pedals work backwards in every flying machine if you ask me. 😉
Clyde Cessna felt the same way. When he flew check flights in newly built Travel Air airplanes, he had the mechanics reverse the rudder controls to suit his idea of the way things ought to be. After the flight, they put them back before delivery. Nowadays I don't think this would be considered a best-practice.

Great photos, thanks for posting. I was very surprised that poly V belts were used and such thin ones. Much cheaper than my synchronous belts. The engineering is wonderful, you can't appreciate it until you get close up.

Rene: Merci, beaucoup for sharing your close-up photos!
Is safe to assume the green tubing extending out of each fuel tank connecting top & bottom to be fuel sight "gauges"?

Were you able to see any flights of it while there @ BLOIS?

HI Everyone, I am new to the forum and working on a design of Co-axial helicopter, in this regard, could anyone help me to understand on the clutch mechanism developed on this engine ? I assume the clutch of the engine is not used. Also i would like to understand how the Yaw is adjusted and controlled.

I hope this is collective pitch control design, would there anyone has drawings to share or is this available in kit form ? I am interested in getting engine from manufacturer as this engine is from china and i live in thailand, if the rest of the item ( rotar stages and electronics would be an kit), i would construct myself the helicopter in thailand. My problem is that i cannot import the full helicopter as thai government would impose a big duty and shipment would cost a fortune. Kindly help me out in advising and share some of your experiences.
thanks
kalyan

HI Everyone, I am new to the forum and working on a design of Co-axial helicopter, in this regard, could anyone help me to understand on the clutch mechanism developed on this engine ? I assume the clutch of the engine is not used. Also i would like to understand how the Yaw is adjusted and controlled.

I hope this is collective pitch control design, would there anyone has drawings to share or is this available in kit form ? I am interested in getting engine from manufacturer as this engine is from china and i live in thailand, if the rest of the item ( rotar stages and electronics would be an kit), i would construct myself the helicopter in thailand. My problem is that i cannot import the full helicopter as thai government would impose a big duty and shipment would cost a fortune. Kindly help me out in advising and share some of your experiences.
thanks
kalyan
Hi, I'm not sure what clutch this machine uses but it could be an Rk400 centrifugal clutch which would definitely work, or if I was designing it I would opt for a much lighter belt tightening pulley system as the belts are poly 'v'.
Ben

i would like to understand the type of aluminium tubing to be used for constructing the structure for microlight helicopters especially on co-axial helicopters and would seek type of welding too.

Stuggart Engineering- Does anyone explored or having an experience with this manufacturer ?

they have 100 and 120 hp turbo prop engines, 10,000, 13,000 Euro.

i was exploring various options for an light weight engines for helicopter and came across this information, i thought of sharing to this forum to see some review, responses and advices.

thanks
kalyan

Good morning Folks For those of you in the USA who would be interested in our program My name is Andrey Vegger My phone number 603 409 9093 and location is KCOI in Sunny Florida (Space Coast Cape Canaveral Merritt Island) Feel free to reach out for any questions comments and concerns.
Hey Andrey, Im looking forward to our meeting and flying the SCH-2A. It has the same BING 54 carbs as my Rotax too.

i would like to understand the type of aluminium tubing to be used for constructing the structure for microlight helicopters especially on co-axial helicopters and would seek type of welding too.
Aluminum can not be welded unless you have someway to heat treat it afterward. Once you heat the temper is removed as well as all of the strength.

Last edited:
I'll be DEMO flying the SCH-2A at Bensen Days. Either Friday or Saturday.
For anyone who was at Bensen Days this year, did the coaxial SCH-2A actually show up and fly? I'm intrigued by this little sucker.

For anyone who was at Bensen Days this year, did the coaxial SCH-2A actually show up and fly? I'm intrigued by this little sucker.
Showed was run up don’t know if it flew. I heard that Roy Davis was to fly it but had some concerns. Not sure what happened. I was only there one day.