Shipping

Butch

Aircraft
Bensen Gyro
Total Flight Time
50 hrs
I have been saving for months to purchase the new blades for my Bensen. I was awaiting a phone call from the seller for info on where to pick them up. We had discussed shipping options and I was given a quote of around $ 300.00. When he called to give me the shipping info he said that he had some bad news. He told me that after he carefully boxed them up and took them down to be shipped they told him that it was going to be $ 1,180.00. WTF. Thanks Biden.

What does he have to do with your shipping issue? How were they going to be shipped, express air freight?

With Mentone coming up, you reach out to see if someone could them up on there way back,etc

Is there anyone on this site that will be traveling to California from Florida soon. I have tried other options with no luck. They are being trucked. The same trucking company charged $ 320.00 for the same trip 1 year ago. They blame it on Covid and the rising fuel cost. I talked to someone that was paying $ 2,200.00 to ship a small gyro. I have been without rotor blades now for almost 1 year and I miss my gyro. I bit the bullet and had them shipped

Take a commercial flight out then rent a vechile and drive them home. Must rental places downsized their fleet during Covid though too.
It’s only going to get worse....

I've heard of people using Greyhound to ship large, unwieldy boxes fairly cheaply, and the busses are still running :)

I just did a rfq for a 100lb box, 10'x1'x1' from SW FL 33950 to CA 95635, Online from Freight Center. Quote $321, 8 days in transit!

When shipping something, never, ever call it aircraft or anything related. Calling it aluminum lawn furniture will save you a bundle.

Heres the info if you need it!

Chris Triana <[email protected]>​

2:53 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Good day, My name is Chris Triana and I will be your 3PL logistics agent. Are you looking for fast and equipped carriers? Great prices? International? Packaging? White glove? Well, guess what. You found the correct company that offers all of it. Please email or feel free to call me with any questions or concerns. I will be glad to provide you with a quote.

FreightCenterChris Triana
National Account Manager
P. (800) 716-7608 Ext. 1066

Try shipping through Fastenal. Much less expensive than any other system I've come across. The blades need to be delivered and picked up at a Fastenal location though. That is the only disadvantage.

I have shipped two Rotax 582 engines with RTL trucking, they ship anything, anywhere, and they were very economical. They also can provide lift gate service which makes it convenient if you are shipping to an individual's home residence. No problems.