Sharp!

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Tell me this one isn't sexxxy and I'l call you a liar!

Blue Chips

Aircraft
Brantly B2 N5911X
Total Flight Time
878 Brantly Helicopter 756 various fixed wing.
Definitely a sharp little helicopter.

Looks as if they made some improvements to the landing gear structure.

brett s

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
none currently
Total Flight Time
1300 helicopter
I'm not a fan of a bunch of digital gauges for everything, which is what I'm assuming those are - and see no need for a ball when a piece of yarn works great.

Fly Army

Aircraft
From un-powered Paragliders off the side of a mountain to the Boeing 777.
Total Flight Time
18,000 ish , I guess
Obviously not going to be an ultralight version but very nice just the same.

bryancobb

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
I'm not a fan of a bunch of digital gauges for everything, which is what I'm assuming those are - and see no need for a ball when a piece of yarn works great.
I agree that's not my plan of attack, but it IS sharp!

If I built a Mosquito, I'd be saying "What can I throw away and leave off?" I would not be seeing what I could add.

I'd have a dual needle/single axis rotor/engine tach and HUGE DIGITAL EGT/CHT's that has entire digits that turn green/amber/flashing-red and NOTHING ELSE.

No A/S, no VSI, No altimeter, no radios, and no switches that weigh a pound each. My goal would be to build the absolute lightest Mosquito anyone has built.

bryancobb

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Believe me Stan, I WANT to but my life of flying is just over, been there-done that-got the pictures to prove it..... Every spare penny is going to Meg's college. When she graduates, in 2026, I'll be in a nursing home. LOL
My wife and I make under $100k T O G E T H E R so it's just not in the budget.

Fly Army

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18,000 ish , I guess
I agree that's not my plan of attack, but it IS sharp!

If I built a Mosquito, I'd be saying "What can I throw away and leave off?" I would not be seeing what I could add.

I'd have a dual needle/single axis rotor/engine tach and HUGE DIGITAL EGT/CHT's that has entire digits that turn green/amber/flashing-red and NOTHING ELSE.

No A/S, no VSI, No altimeter, no radios, and no switches that weigh a pound each. My goal would be to build the absolute lightest Mosquito anyone has built.
Kind of funny in that I'm just the opposite. Mine would at the very least need a comm radio and a transponder as my hangar is on a towered field underneath a mode C veil.

bryancobb

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Regardless of how much excess horsepower is available, a lighter aircraft ALWAYS flies better and wears out later.

Trooper Mike Ralston and I were on a mission in, during the 96 Olympics, in a 206. We were to fly to headquarters and pick up the GSP Public Relations Officer, Gordy Wright. We topped off fuel and headed 15 miles away to headquarters.

Well Gordy Wright weighs about 400 lbs and has about 100 of photo and video gear. We could not hover. I had to get out and stay there since Mike was PIC. Hard to believe a million dollar helicopter can't put a body in every seat and have enough power.

Fly Army

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
18,000 ish , I guess
I once "skidded' my way off of the Telluride airport in an OH-6A loaded up with spare parts. If it hadn't been for the drop-off at the end I would have never gotten airborne.

jebthereb

AWS CWI
Aircraft
trained in mto sport. Trained in r22
Total Flight Time
9 hrs MTO Sport 13.5 hrs r22
Ok.....I have nearly a week before my next lesson and my mouth is watering. You guys stop it.