Sept. Chapter Event and BBQ

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Dear Rotorcraft Enthusiast,

Our next chapter meeting is being held on Saturday Sept. 11th at 10 AM at the Airgyro hangar. After a brief meeting we will be adjourning out to the Hangar area for some fun flying and our Annual BBQ Luncheon. Our plan is to grill some burgers and have the side dishes provided by pot luck, however to plan for an event like this with food it really helps to know how many people to plan on. Like last year we would invite you to bring spouses or children (or even friends for that matter) as we want this to be more of a social event and include everyone who is willing to come have fun with us.

I would ask everyone to let me know if you will be able to be here on the 11th and if so how many people you plan to bring with you. If you are willing to take a food assignment please let me know so we can make assignments so we don’t end up with too much of one thing and not enough of another. We will need beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, deserts, chips, drinks etc. so please get back with me and let me know if you can help out with this.

We are also hoping the weather will hold and we will have good weather to be able to do some flying that Saturday, so you guys with machines, please do all you can to bring them and to fly them for the rest of us to watch.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Doug Barker
URA Pres.

That sucks...I have to "volunteer" at the police department!!! Oh well hope you guys have a good time.

Stay safe.

HL

Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend for work. Hopefully my schedule will allow me to make the meet next month. Enjoy!

What a great time!!!

What a great time!!!

For those that missed our September meeting I just wanted to let you know you missed a great time. While our numbers weren't as great as I had hoped for we did have a great time. The power point presentation I had prepared to share was so big we couldn't get it to load through the program we were using to put the meeting on line (because of all the pictures I added from Mentone and Oshkosh) so we weren't able to share them on line but we did have a member stick with us until we got the meeting started on line and it all worked out to be a pretty good meeting.

After the business meeting we had a great BBQ and all ate to our hearts content. Then we started giving rides in Brian's Sparrowhawk. THe highlight for me was that I got my wife to go up for an introductory ride. She was very nervous about the whole thing and really didn't want to go up, but she decided to be a good sport and be tough and overcome her fears and just do it. Like so many, when she came back down she had a different attitude than she thought she would . She really enjoyed it and said that Mike did an excellent job of calming her down through the ride and she really did enjoy it.

After that I would have been totally satisfied even if I hadn't gotten a chance to fly his machine, but Brian graciously wanted to to have a chance also so I got to go up for a little while with Mike Burton (CFI extraordinaire). I had forgotten how incredibly fun it is to fly a gyro and decided life just doesn't get better than that. Well, OK, maybe flying my own gyro will be better than that, but in general, life just doesn't get better than getting to fly a gyro. I just don't get people that don't understand that. If you haven't done that lately, I highly suggest it.

Thanks to all that came to our mini event today. Your friendships all mean the world to me. Let's do it some more!!!! We are getting very close to El Mirage, so if you haven't already committed to coming with us you don't have very much time left. However, it's not too late. Give me a call and make the commitment. It's going to be a great adventure (and we all need more adventure in our lives) See you soon!

Doug Barker
URA Pres.