Scary Gary

Banned
Aircraft
used to own 1946 Stinson & 1946 Aircoupe
Total Flight Time
500 +
I'm glad someone remembered .
Happy Birthday Jar Heads .
And I do mean that with the Utmost Respect .

Gary Powell

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
The caption says "we took his shirt". All this time I though Steve just like to fly that way.

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
Chuck,
Were was Bensen Days 1985 at? My pra books were lost at LaBelle during the storm.

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
Chuck,
Were was Bensen Days 1985 at? My pra books were lost at LaBelle during the storm.

Bud, that picture came from a PRA magazine that has been returned to its 3-ft. high stack. I believe it was at Dunnellon but please don’t make me sort through that stack again.

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
Thanks Chuck,No please don't dig through that! I have the same probrem now with my books!

lanichol

Aircraft
RAF 2000 AAI Modified, Var Pitch IVO, hydraulic pre-rotator, mechanical FI
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
Spent last evening with about 30 marines celebrating the Marines 223 birthday.

Each Marine was requested to introduce themselves and tell a story about boot camp. The stories were great.

I guess whatever a marine gets in the mail during camp the DI makes sure they eat it (gum, cigars) wrapper and all.

One marine loaded his plate with corn during chow. The DI ask him what eats corn. A HOG sir. Your no HOG, and scrapped his plate.

Marines standing in line and a voice from the back said, "Give me liberty or give me death". DI, Who said that? Patrich Henry Sir.
I had the pleasure of sitting next to the oldest Marine from WWII whom had made 4 landing in the Pacific. Across from me was a guest, An Army General from Nebraska, that has been in Iraq on the ground, moving supply convoys from Quwait to nearly every place in Iraq since the begining of Desert Storm.

We also had the youngest Marine from our home town on leave from his first tour in Iraq. I felt very honored beyond word as to being at the event with men that have dedicate all or part of their lives to our country.

I did spend alot of time during dinner asking the General about events in Iraq and how the country has changed over time. And there has been changes. Responsibility and equipment has being given to Iraq.

I am convinced the average citizen does not get even a glimpse of the reality of Iraq and the affect of the US being in Iraq. I encourage each individual to take the time and speak with our men in the service that have toured Iraq.

Happy Birthday Marines. And Thanks for your service Vets.

lanichol

Aircraft
RAF 2000 AAI Modified, Var Pitch IVO, hydraulic pre-rotator, mechanical FI
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
Happy Birthday Marines.

And Thanks for your service Vets.

[Thanks Harry A. Pearce, Hap]
His book

Last edited:

tyc

... the average citizen does not get even a glimpse of the reality of ...

Most will never know of the evil that lurks out there, of things we did, of the risks we took, of the hazards we encountered, keeping those mad men and their lackys confined to their own turf and away from our people.

By the way, a bit late but ... Happy Birthday Marines!
And here's wishing only the best for all of you vets, past, present and future.

tyc

dick

It's Nice To Be Remembered

It's Nice To Be Remembered

Thank you all for your kind gestures & happy birthday to all my comrads. Semper Fi.............Dick USMC (A Friend in need is a friend indeed, but a true friend comes first when times are at there worse);)