Seeking Ideas & Plans for Rotor Blade Hoist

skyking

Skyking
Aircraft
SparrowHawk I
Total Flight Time
I have a 14 Foot AL tilt trailer for my SparrowHawk I to travel but need to fabricate a blade hoist. The height of N8982C is 10 feet to the top of the rotor head and assume I will need a minimum of 12 foot vertical height in order to pick up the assembled blades and install the hub bar into the rotor head. I have a 30' disc using the original Sportcopter Hub Bar and Blades which weigh approximately 100 lbs. I know many members have great ideas on what works best. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and places to look. Semper fi.

petersandrew2011gmail.com

Butch

Aircraft
Bensen Gyro
Total Flight Time
50 hrs
I have a 14 Foot AL tilt trailer for my SparrowHawk I to travel but need to fabricate a blade hoist. The height of N8982C is 10 feet to the top of the rotor head and assume I will need a minimum of 12 foot vertical height in order to pick up the assembled blades and install the hub bar into the rotor head. I have a 30' disc using the original Sportcopter Hub Bar and Blades which weigh approximately 100 lbs. I know many members have great ideas on what works best. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and places to look. Semper fi.

petersandrew2011gmail.com
Have you thought of fabricating a swinging boom, install pulleys on it and then use a winch that could mount to trailer or vehicle with long enough cable. You would thread the cable with no end on it through the pulleys then attach a hook or d ring on it. Your control cable should be long enough to each the boom so that you could lift blades and turn the boom at same time. I fabricated a set up like this for a friend and it works well.

Sv.grainne

I built an aframe that attaches to the side of my trailer. Block and tackle to lift blades and jam cleat to hold the line the roll the gyro underneath. Can post a picture if it would help.