Scratchbuilt Flettner Fl-282 Kolibri, build thread

kolibri282

Lots of information on the aircraft and a good build thread of a 3D printed Fl-282. Probably the best source available if you want to take a look under the hood of an Fl-282. Bonus: the builder is a very attractive young lady...;-)

http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=27689
(I think I have posted parts of the thread elsewhere, but here you have it all in one place)

Bonus #2: Nice collection of Fl-282 detail pictures. Bit blurred but still interesting (or so me thinks...;-)
http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/Cocinilla1973/media/Flettner%20FL%20282%20Kolibri/f3_zps1a34cc73.jpg.html

Have Fun!

Last edited:

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
That was most interesting, thank you for posting.

The last post was sad, but then life sometimes is.

Jean Claude

Aircraft
I piloted gliders C800, Bijave, C 310, airplanes Piper J3 , PA 28, Jodel D117, DR 220, Cessna 150, C
Total Flight Time
About 500 h (FW + ultra light)
Thank you Juergen for this informations. The design of this machine is wonderful.

RotoPlane

Gold Supporter
Now that was a labor of love.....incredible structural detail and even has the pavement this chopper sits on. Between the great 3D drawings and actual pictures, it would be possible to build one using most of today's available parts and it could fly....if one was not old like me. I have liked this flying machine ever since Juergen first posted pictures several years ago. I would want similar blades and controls as the Kaman machines however. Thanks Juergen!

kolibri282

Thank you for the kind words, folks! I love to share stuff and the occasional "thumbs up" makes it very worth while! Looking through the thread I came across post #34 titled:
"CHAPTER VI - Balkenkreuz & swastikas water slide decals"
About half way down that post there is a picture of a girl sitting on a scaffold and painting a swastika on the rudder of some plane. Below that picture the author points out that you can download the build instructions, 102 pages of really great stuff. Perhaps you want to give it a try.

PS: what a pity Ed you don't want to build the airframe. I wanted to build some Kaman style blades anyway so I could make a set for you....;-) (but then I'm probably too old too....;-(

Last edited: