Safer than a horse

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
Some clever soul in Denver has been comparing the horse-drawn vehicle accident rate in 1909 with the general aviation accident rate in 1970.
His conclusion: Based on miles traveled, the safety record of general aviation aircraft is 93 times better than the horse and buggy.
:confused::lol:

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
One more here...
A state tropper pulled a driver to the side of the road and asked him if he realized that he was driving without tailights. Seeing that the motorist was visibly shaken by the news the officer added reasuringly: Don't worry, it's not a serious infraction."
"It may not be serious to you, but it is to me, said the motorist. " I've lost a trailer and my gyrocopter's on it.:Cry::Cry:

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
...and it continues with a bad one.
Three men were repairing telephone wires near a small airport. A local Gyro club was using it for its monthy outing, and Betty K. was about to take off in her Gyrocopter. Just as Betty put on her helmet, and got into the seat, the three men started to climb the pole. Spotting them, Betty was heard to mutter:
" Look at those nuts! You'd think I had never flown a Gyro before....

Arnie Madsen

Aircraft
Bell 47 G2
A few years ago I installed new door hinge pins and bushings on a truck for an old cowboy who ran our community pasture. He drove a 1970's era F150 pickup truck. The paint was faded , the interior was shot , but there was not even a dent or scratch on the body and I commented on that to the old cowboy

He said he had never been in an auto accident in his life , but his damn horses had thrown him off , kicked him , broke his leg once , and rode him under low hanging tree branches that caused him to lose most of his sight in one eye.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
I don't know about safety, but from what I've seen posted in the last few days on other threads, I think we may have reached or exceeded buggy-era levels for horse poop.

paulp

paulp
Aircraft
Taylorcraft mod 19=RAF2000
Total Flight Time
3800+
Howdy All,

Being somewhat familiar with these animals allow me to advise you that the reason that the good lord made the horse's head so big was so that he could get all of the dumb in!!!!