Sad News!

joe nelson

Aircraft
I have owned an AA-7B, Quad City Challenger, WAR P-47 and have flown several other type
Total Flight Time
12000hrs approx
I have just read that Charles Kaman passed away on the 31st of January. He's one the people who made the American helicopter industry we know today. God Bless!

My uncle met and befriended Charlie Kaman, he thrilled me with helicopter stories when I was a very young boy witha rotary wing dream.
We also recently lost a Pioneer Ultralight notable, record breaking Balloon pilot and Ken Brock gyroplane owner, Larry Newman.

I was privileged enough (through my friendship with Ken Brock) to have a chicken dinner in the Oshkosh U/L area with Ken Brock, Chuck Yeager (he was flying a U/L for AC Delco then) and Larry Newman.
Larry, Ben Abruzzo and Maxie Anderson piloted the Gold Eagle ll balloon. first across the Atlantic to France. Larry & Ben were both killed in airplane accidents.

Arnie,

Charles Kaman and Frank Piasecki accomplished their designs without the help of larger companies like United Technologies, Vertol or Boeing. Even Hughes had "deep pockets" when he entered the helicopter business. The only other person that may fall into the same class as Kaman, is Stan Hiller. We have been blessed with pioneers like these!