Sad news to report

lindandavid

Aircraft
Sparrowhawk
Total Flight Time
8000+
I received word today that Eddie Sigman passed away as a result of a plane crash on February 1st. He had purchased a Rans S12 and was excited about a new adventure in flying. Information which is not confirmed indicates that he may have had a medical issue while flying. He is and always will be a very special friend.

Oh no -- New Mexico, RAF Eddie?
That's horrible.

Sad news indeed.

I like Eddie a lot and will miss him.

I learned a lot from him.

Thank you for sharing the news David.

Did not see anything about this on the news out of Albuquerque.

Did a little searching and came up with this. Involves a Rans 12 but pilot not named. Saturday, February 9, 2019
Rans S-12XL, N536RH: Accident occurred February 01, 2019 in Socorro, New Mexico
Federal Aviation Administration / Flight Standards District Office; Albuquerque, New Mexico

Crashed due to unknown circumstances into parked helicopter, hit a light pole and landed in a parking lot.

[url]https://registry.faa.gov/N536RH[/URL]

Date: 01-FEB-19
Time: 20:55:00Z
Regis#: N536RH
Aircraft Make: EXPERIMENTAL
Aircraft Model: RANS S 12XL
Event Type: ACCIDENT
Highest Injury: SERIOUS
Aircraft Missing: No
Damage: SUBSTANTIAL
Activity: UNKNOWN
Flight Phase: UNKNOWN (UNK)
Operation: 91
City: SOCORRO
State: NEW MEXICO
Posted by Kathryn on Saturday, February 09

Tried to post an FAA report on an accident at Socorro, NM on the 1st of Feb but the forum would not let me. So If you do a google search on airplane crash in Socorro NM on Feb 1, 2019 you should be able to find a little info about it. The crash involved a Rans 12 The N number is listed in one of the articles that has a repeat of an FAA preliminary report.

The registration Number for the Rans 12 shows pending for Eddie.

What a shame.
I liked Eddie's posts.
He was a positive thinker and will be missed.
Don't worry Eddie, We will ALL be seeing you soon !!
R.I.P Brother

I just got news of this today! RIP Eddie ...whooop it up with Jim & Kent, ChrisL & ChrisB & Steve ... & all those rotor heads who went home too soon for their loved ones here!:rip::Cry: you are ALL missed! ...Thanks for the legacy!

I am very sorry to hear of this. My prayers for family and friends and the departed soul. RIP Eddie.

I will miss his always positive advice, but am confident he is still "flying without wings". My condolences to his family and all those that knew him.

Thanks to you all. Since 2011 Eddie has flown hours and hours in his gyrocopter until he sold It recently. He spent hours communicating with the rotaryforum.com pilots.Because of this forum he was in touch with many gyrocopter pilots from all corners of the world. He loved flying with and above the birds. No doubt he is still flying without wings as another pilot said. Rest in peace Eddie. His loving wife of many years, Mil

danielsfuneral.com Albuquerque, new mexico for Eddie Sigman

Eddie just sent me 2 bushings for my raf! The post mark on the package is Febr. 1st. Yet another reminder all we have is now! R.I.P. eddie!

So sorry to learn of Eddie's passing. I met Eddie years ago and saw his gyro. He lives near my brother and he noticed a gyro buzzing around and set up a meeting when I was visiting. I envied his engineering prowess. His turbo installation and main wheel shift were as impressive as they were successful. My condolences to Eddie's family and friends.