29.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
Someone call the OMG police.

Vance, I've inspected the predator up close and personal on several occasions before you owned it, and yes I have been aware that it has been yours since the first day you posted here on RF that you bought it.

I guess the joke went over your head, or your sense of humor has departed.

Any more cracked welds show up on your mast, or anywhere else on your airframe?

Yes, I do pay attention, and we were all so happy for you when you were exuberantly posting here years ago about the "nods of approval" everyone out in Cali had when they noticed the Lycoming 0-320 on that gyro...

We're proud of you, Vance. Let me know when your sense of humor returns.

Sycamore website http://www.chayaireurope.com/gallery.htm

Wki claims one is registered in USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chayair_Sycamore

I count 6 rudders on the tail , 5 fixed and one hinged

Another 2 seater that cant legally carry 2 people Arnie? Yes 2 people can sit in it, but they cant have any fuel in it? I am 95Kg, the average Aussie bloke is 100+ Kg.....

These so called 2 seaters are really made for jockeys, or an 80KG guy with a 45Kg girlfriend (or boyfriend) :eek: :lol: they are not made for real world people....:sorry:

they are not made for real world people....

Say wut?????
Iv lived in the real world for 40 odd years n never seen anyone over 80kg last the distance.
They melt, then stagger off back to their macas and airconditioners.

Someone call the OMG police.

Vance, I've inspected the predator up close and personal on several occasions before you owned it, and yes I have been aware that it has been yours since the first day you posted here on RF that you bought it.

I guess the joke went over your head, or your sense of humor has departed.

Any more cracked welds show up on your mast, or anywhere else on your airframe?

Yes, I do pay attention, and we were all so happy for you when you were exuberantly posting here years ago about the "nods of approval" everyone out in Cali had when they noticed the Lycoming 0-320 on that gyro...

We're proud of you, Vance. Let me know when your sense of humor returns.

Sorry Greg; I thought you were confused and felt posting some pictures of The Predator would help.

I completely miss your humor.

I did find another crack in the frame at The Predator’s last annual. It is fixed now and I just need to paint it and build a new exhaust and she will be airworthy again. She has more than 1,500 hours on her and is holding up well.

The crack in the mast area was an aluminum cheek plate.

Regards, Vance

Any one know how many of these Trojans are operational?

if rocks are an issue, plastic fenders or wheel pants would probably solve that.

Unfortunately spats wouldn't work well with tires like that, especially if it is muddy. On one of my machines I bought one slightly damaged spat, repaired it, took a mold off it, made 2 new ones, spent hours preparing them, spent a couple of hundred $ getting them painted, mounted them.... all up cost about $400 (about 1998) then I flew to a friends farm to show my new look gyro 'a la pants', I didn't know it had rained a few days earlier..... landed on the usual paddock taxy'd towards the house but the machine started turning to the right and then stopped moving :noidea: Shut it down, picked all the mud and debris out of the spats, restart, taxy'd to the house (just made it, clogged again) picked out the mud as I showed him the pretty new spats.... then, when time to leave, I just kicked the spats off and handed them to him.... and off I went:drama:

That was the first and last time I had spats on a gyro :yo: And that was with just normal ribbed tires.... cleated tires would possibly jam the wheel very quickly. The pics are of a machine that suffered similar to mine, only this one pictured bent its nose leg as you can see.... just from taxying, nothing to do with the landing,,,,:yo:

Spats are for sealed or prepared runway machines.... carry tools to remove them if you have to outland..... for the takeoff run if it is muddy

Attachments

• Bent nose wheel1.jpg
    Bent nose wheel1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Bent nose wheel.jpg
    Bent nose wheel.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Another 2 seater that cant legally carry 2 people Arnie? Yes 2 people can sit in it, but they cant have any fuel in it? I am 95Kg, the average Aussie bloke is 100+ Kg.....

These so called 2 seaters are really made for jockeys, or an 80KG guy with a 45Kg girlfriend (or boyfriend) :eek: :lol: they are not made for real world people....:sorry:

Never heard of the African Sycamore until now .... I looked up some weights ...

Sycamore payload appears to be ..... 210 kg ... 463 lb
MTO MT-03 Tandem ..................... 205 kg ... 452 lb
Magni Tandem Trainer ................... 234 kg ... 515 lb
Titanium Autogyro ........................ 320 kg ... 705 lb

Empty Weight comparisons
Sycamore .................. 380 kg ... 838 lb
MTO MT-03 ............... 245 kg ... 540 lb
Magni Tandem ............ 266 kg ... 586 lb
Titanium Autogyro ....... 230 kg ... 507 lb

It appears the Australian built Titanium Autogyro wins with both the lightest empty weight and highest payload .

The SA anti-poaching guys operate under some pretty extreme conditions, not the least of which the poachers are armed and have been know to shoot at aircraft etc. Hell, I would not be surprised if they added armor plating and flame throwers. :) (Some guys added flame throwers to BMW's some years ago to deter carjackers). So I would not compare this gyro to an MTO or Titanium or whatever - clearly purpose built.

Last edited:
Yeah, and good on them for fighting the good fight.... I just hope they don't damage a prop out in the field and become stranded, simply because of choosing heavily cleated tires that are unnecessary..... those tires belong on a rotary hoe or small tractor:yo:

weights

weights

Thank you Arnie - :hail:

for posting those weights. I need to mention that because of changes in cabin manufacture processes, the Titanium Auto Gyro is now somewhat lighter (empty weight) with a bit more Payload capacity.

New stats available in a few days, Good Lord Willin' !

fj

I certified the USA Sycamore, it has flown into Mentone on at least one occasion. The owner used to post on this forum.
I have sent replacement parts for the Sycamore prerotator (made by Wunderlichs) to several Sycamore owners around the globe. They may be dormant at this time.

….you better check with Vance. Evidently one of my shortcomings is always being completely wrong.....

Now, Mr. Muz, Vance would never make such an unequivocal statement; it would always be prefaced with: “in my opinion.”

For example, he would never say simply “it is raining” but would say instead, “in my opinion, it is raining,” leaving open the possibility that extra-terrestrials are hovering overhead and urinating.

G'day CB...

G'day CB...

Now, Mr. Muz, Vance would never make such an unequivocal statement; it would always be prefaced with: “in my opinion.”

For example, he would never say simply “it is raining” but would say instead, “in my opinion, it is raining,” leaving open the possibility that extra-terrestrials are hovering overhead and urinating.

Ha ha, Chuck.:lol:

Aussie Paul. :)

Twofer zing!!!

Twofer zing!!!

Love it CB!!! :hail: :lol:

Im sure there are sum things Vance can be sure about CB. ;)