Rudolf von Bahr, Aerial Taxi

Excellent color video, and quite surprising... Color film was rare and expensive by 1946, when food was rationed everywhere in Europe, even in Sweden...

What a strong Gyro you guys saw how many people was on board wow. I want that.
and a tracker too and pre-rotator in the 1940's make us look like cavemen.

P.s. Flying windmill I found that funny.

What a strong Gyro you guys saw how many people was on board wow. I want that.
and a tracker too and pre-rotator in the 1940's make us look like cavemen.

P.s. Flying windmill I found that funny.

140hp, MTOW 862 kg. And flying high, well-loaded...

I'm sure that, if the C30 could be built today, at a reasonable price, it would find many buyers. Some airplanes of the 30s are still being built in small numbers in our days, like the Bücker Jungmann, both by small companies and by amateurs. My hangar-neighbours, a couple of enthusiasts, use to fly a Jungmann and are now building a Bücker Jungmeister.

I know of no one building a C30 anywhere. And it can't be too difficult...

Vielen Dank, Jürgen, das war ganz toll!

I had the pleasure meeting Rolf in Stockholm, Sweden, for many years ago.
I try to find the thread where Rolf told me his whole life with gyros and how the Germans shot him down into the sea. I was driving with him 6 hours from Stockholm to south Sweden for the annual gyro fly..inn and did not realize how quickly the time passed when we had arrived there. I was just listening ....

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=461214#post461214

I like to "wink wink" say no more comments about how he loves the job when he is off loading the two hot babes by lifting them out.

I had no idea there was such a precursor to "heli-skiing", but I like it.
I saw the ladies being handed skis when they arrived, but I didn't see the skiis stashed on the aircraft; did anybody catch a detail about how the skis were transported up the hill?

von Bahr at what seems to me to be installing a new engine, which is still partly wrapped, or while assembling his machine.
https://www.alamyimages.fr/autogiro-devant-aeroplanorama-r-von-bahr-lors-du-deballage-du-moteur-27-mars-1962-pays-bas-agence-de-presse-du-xxe-siecle-photo-nouvelles-a-retenir-documentaire-photographie-historique-1945-1990-histoires-visuelles-l-histoire-humaine-du-xxe-siecle-immortaliser-des-moments-dans-le-temps-image429029449.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=0CBAC779-BA6C-45C3-9E5E-567F9A69F2B0&p=1615195&n=13&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo=bar&st=0&sortby=2&qt=autogiro&qt_raw=autogiro&qn=&lic=3&edrf=0&mr=0&pr=0&aoa=1&creative=&videos=&nu=&ccc=&bespoke=&apalib=&ag=0&hc=0&et=0x000000000000000000000&vp=0&loc=0&ot=0&imgt=0&dtfr=&dtto=&size=0xFF&blackwhite=&cutout=&archive=1&name=&groupid=&pseudoid=&userid=&id=&a=&xstx=0&cbstore=0&resultview=sortbyPopular&lightbox=&gname=&gtype=&apalic=&tbar=1&pc=&simid=&cap=1&vd=0&cid=&pe=&so=&lb=&pl=0&plno=&fi=0&langcode=fr&ispremium=1&flip=0&contributorqt=&plgalleryno=&plpublic=0&viewaspublic=0&isplcurate=0&imageurl=&saveQry=&editorial=1&t=0&customgeoip=&filters=0

High resolution picture of SE-AEA in her glory days:
012uPWarGnWC.jpg

Last edited: