ROTR 2020!

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Paul just beat me to the post. I had just posted this announcement on the URA Face Book Page and when I came here to past it, I saw that he had already notified everyone. But here is the post anyway! :)

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that ROTR 2020 has been cancelled. While we have held off making the decision, as long as we could, in hopes that events would lighten up enough that we could still hold some form of an event, it is now apparent that there is simply no way we can ask others (in good conscience) to come to Utah to join us for an event that will be so severely limited and potentially put our friends at greater risk to their health. There aren't enough Gyro Enthusiasts to go around now and we sure don't want to decrease those numbers. :) So we will save all we had planned for this year, and simply move it back a year to ROTR 2021. We will still hold it in Southern Utah and still have all the memorable events, but it will be held June 8th through June 12th. Please put these new dates in your calendar and plan on joining us next year!

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
Rick & All:

We've made the difficult decision to cancel ROTR 2020. It's not about politics; Doug and I are both fans of continuing with the event. It's about the availability of any of the services we'd counted on to be available for attendees.

We'll reset for June 8-12, 2021, and hope to see everyone there!
That is such a disappointment.
I was so looking forward to ROTR particularly after the loss of Bensen Days, Sun N Fun and AirVenture.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
BUGGAH ... I was REALLY needing a road-trip & gyro event to look forwards to ...in the almost near future! I wonder if some of us can come informally anyway & have a group-mini-fly gathering! ????? I may just wander around & do some Utah flying by myself anyway in that time -frame! More & more this year 2020 seems like a total wasteland! ....good joke here :LOL:...2020 animal totem "year-of-the racoon" ...endless hand-washing, always masked-up, racoon is anagram of corona!:eek:

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Chris, You are always welcome to come fly in Utah. We still have some Gyro people at this airport and I am sure they would welcome you and do as much as they possibly can to make your trip enjoyable. We just won't be doing anything officially and larger numbers gathered together for anything is still highly discouraged. But a couple of friends meeting at the airport to go flying together is still allowed in our crazy political world. :)