Rotors & Rods Fly-In and Car Show! (Anahuac, TX October 17-19th)

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Aircraft
Air Command Elite #003
Total Flight Time
Rotors and Rods Fly-in and Car Show
Hosted by: The Lone Star Rotorcraft Club
The Korsairs Car Club
The Texas Wing Nuts
Location: 336 Chambers County Airport, Anahuac, TX 77514 (T00) (21’ MSL)

Fly-in dates are Thursday thru Saturday October 17-19.
All aircraft welcome.
Thursday, first official day of the fly in, early arrivals, flying begins.
Friday, the fly in gets into full swing. Lunch will be catered by Sagemont BBQ. Friday night is steak night, $15 per meal, you must purchase a ticket to get served.
Saturday, biggest day of the event. Saturday evening, we meet at Tony's BBQ for awards and dinner.
A few RV spots with water and 30amp electric are available.
Plenty of room for camping.
CFI's will be present for demo rides, possibly some training if time allows, best to show up early if you want training.

Car Show date Saturday October 19
Cars must be 1972 and earlier.
Bikes must be vintage or traditional custom.
Gates open at 10am for car/bike entries. $20/car Pre-registered or $25/car day of show, spectators are free.
Vendors only $40 per spot. Please contact [email protected]

Live Bands: Sean Reefer & The Resin Valley Boys, The Ramblin’ Boys.

We have about (3) 30 amp RV hook ups left (2) with water and plenty of room for camping.

Last edited:
This is another great Fly-In!!! Spread the word!

The Texas Wing Nuts will be out with their powered paragliders, and The Korasairs Car Club will be hosting a rod and custom car show on Saturday.
1972 and earlier.
Also we'll have 2 live bands.
More details will follow as I get confirmations.

Last edited:
Reserve me my spot ...I will be headed that way after AA Skyball @DFW ... the first weekend of October ...so may be down there plenty early the weekend prior! ......been a rough year so far ... but expect the 2nd 1/2 will be AMAZING!

Reserve me my spot ...I will be headed that way after AA Skyball @DFW ... the first weekend of October ...so may be down there plenty early the weekend prior! ......been a rough year so far ... but expect the 2nd 1/2 will be AMAZING!
Will do Chris. Are you back in the air?

Things are coming together. I've updated the info on the Fly-In. We have confirmed two live bands for Saturday afternoon, and a drink vendor to quench your thirst. I should have a few food vendors confirmed soon.
Although bigger and better plans for this year, this is still one of most laid back, chill, no stress fly-ins I've been to. Ya'll come out and join us.

Less than 2 months away! We're almost out of RV hook-ups, but still plenty of areas to park if your self contained.

There is a small lodge type of motel very near the airport called Live Oak Lodge, 303 South Ross Sterling Ave, Anahuac, TX 77514•(409) 267-2224
Another near by is Trinity Bay RV & Lodging 1512 S Main St, Anahuac, TX 77514•(409) 267-6774
Winnie, TX has several hotels and is about 15 miles from the airport.
Baytown, TX has a ton of hotels and is about 25 miles from the airport.

I'm looking forwards to an extended time down there ! Make up for the long grounding since last year! ( between rotors ..and the engine woes!)

3 weeks away! Trophies are designed, the stage is being rebuilt, and the heat is starting to drop. We hope to see you there!

Friday around 11am, we will have Sagemont BBQ (owned by Mike Grosshands) cater lunch.

Bobby, will unleaded fuel (MOGAS) be available on the field?
Brian

Not "on the field", but there will be plenty of people and gas cans that can run into town (a stones throw away).

Do you have a land/space for a raised fuel tank? PRA has an extra one that we could give to a chapter that could use it.

Do you have a land/space for a raised fuel tank? PRA has an extra one that we could give to a chapter that could use it.
One of our guys was talking to the airport about adding a MOGAS tank. I don't think they allowed it. Besides, maintaining our own tank would require some work on someones part, and that's where the plan falls apart. lol

One of our guys was talking to the airport about adding a MOGAS tank. I don't think they allowed it. Besides, maintaining our own tank would require some work on someones part, and that's where the plan falls apart. lol
Hi Bobby, that is true. However, you could cut the legs down and make it a Pickup truck portable fuel delivery system if you have a member who would store it?

have a member who would store it?
HA! That would be like asking someone if they want a root canal. We all just bring our own fuel when ever we know we will be flying. If we shared a tank, everyone would argue over what octane to have in it, and we would have to keep track of who used how much. Thanks for the offer though. If someone brings it up in the future, I'll tell them to send you an email.

One last shameless plug for the Fly-In THIS WEEKEND! I'll post some pictures next week.

Rotors Rods 2019 Flyer Landscape.jpg