Rotors Over the Rockies

Curt's Hangar is starting to gather early visitors. Everything is coming together and this is going to be a great event. See everyone soon!!!

Sorry gang, it's been so long since I've posted anything. Life is very busy. I flew yesterday morning and it was a life changing event. I can't wait for all of you to get here for ROTR. The last month has been a wet one and so the mountains are green with the most beautiful greens and yellows. The granite is majestic comming up out to meet the deep blue sky filled with white clouds. The top of the mountains are still snow covered and will have some when you get here. I won't post a photo until after the event. The view and photo opertunity will be reward for all that attend.

Drive/fly safe. See you all this weekend...

Curt

P.S. I forgot to extend a great thanks to Mike Burton and Terry Brant. Through their efforts, "I AM, Utah's newest Gyro PP. :)

Thanks guys for the "License to Learn"

Curt

Curt,
Congrats on the PPL!
You'll have to post about the checkride. I want to hear how it went.
Brad

Thanks Brad! Terry was great to work with! He was willing to come to Utah so I booked him a room, we secured a flight and had a great time. We started at 07:00 at his hotel room with some of the paperwork. Then we traveled to the airport and did a very indepth review of weather, maps, airspace, pilot log book review, aircraft paperwork review, preflight exam ect... I think it was about 12 or 1 when we got into the air. After a good flight we landed and conducted a review. Terry was very skilled in making me feel comfortable and letting me know up front what was expected. His evaluation of strengths and weakness were spot on. After we concluded the exam he congratulated me and then we had a great discussion. The next morning we had breakfast together and he had put together some great information and had suggestions to improve the areas I was weak on and again congratulated me on the strong areas and compleating the examination. Like many others have stated, I too feel like one of the best parts of avaition, is being in the company of great people that help raise our lives. Another person that has been instramential in this achievement is Mike Burton. Mike too makes you feel comfortable while learning and demonstraits a confidence that lets you know you are in a very safe learning enviroment both physically and emotionally.

Thanks men again. The smile continues~~

Curt

Way to go. Congratulations, glad the weather cooperated.

Good news I was able to reschedule work and now have the 10th free also, so we will see you all THIS Thursday morning...

Come on down guys and gals it's going to be a party.

My kind of Business Trip

My kind of Business Trip

John, time off? You make it sound like a vacation. You're bringing a product to show, so ROTR is a business trip!

Don't we all wish that all of our "Business Trips" could be like this one!!! See you all soon!

Ben S of Yuma

Ben S of Yuma

is officially OTW! And praying for a safe and uneventful trip.
I just got off the phone with Dave B, the jets we ordered didn't arrive....no idea why not, but if ANYONE has a way we could get some up in Utah I need two 148's for a rotax 503. If not well just make due with what we got!

All is not lost men... There is a rotax dealer (snowmobile and atv) about 6 miles north of the airport. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do to help with the high altitude blues... They are really sharp with carbs and those guys's snowmobiles go from 5000' to over 11,000' and still have a ton of power. If all else fails, the good news is you'll just be a little rich. At least you won't burn them down. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for excepting the challange. You won't regreat it.

Curt

I'll see what I have

This is Ben S

This is Ben S

responding to all from daves computer. Thanks for the help. we rerouted the shipment to the hotel we are staying at. It does look from the weather report that it is going to be friggin FREEZING compared to the 110 I just left.
I might need to get some warmer clothes at wally world!
See you guys there.
Ben S

I wish I could be there.....Everyone have a good time and post some pictures....especially the Helicycles!

Stan

I would like to get more flight training in. Will mike have a gyro at Rotors over the Rockies? And will he be able to add more time to my log?

I have had some snafus

My sheep and the camp need to be moved on Wednesday so the soonest I can leave is on Thursday.

AND!!!

A special 15 hp and 200 volt well pump that I have ordered was shipped to me on the first and got lost in transit. Thanks Fed Ex. I have been babying sitting a well that services 103 connections for the last month and don’t know if I trust the system. It has required me to manually adjust the system about every 36 hours.

I have ordered a new pump and it will be here and installed on Friday.

Murphy’s Law says that fed ex will find the pump after I don’t need it.

So I am coming but I may not be there the whole time and I will not have my pit bull with me for a static display

I flew this morning at a perfect 64* blue skies and tall mountians, the copter; a homesick angel. The field has been groomed by the city; let the games begin!!!

This just in: The Utah Highway Patrol has reported Not one, but two wingless aircraft coming from the south. Said, "It has a slight smell of "Da. Bacon"

WELCOME TO ROTORS OVER THE ROCKIES

Curt