Rotors Over the Rockies 2015

While there is currently none on the field, we are working on having Mogas available at the event. Stay tuned to the RWF for more information about that.
As far as support for that kind of thing at the event... there is no need for concern. As stated, there will be plenty of friendly people available, with vehicles, to provide for whatever our visitors need.

"As stated, there will be plenty of friendly people available, with vehicles, to provide for whatever our visitors need."

heh heh heh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fj

Thanks all for the friendly replies, and especially Kevin's kind offer. If the gyro trip is at all feasible (i.e., enroute mogas and weather), I will fly in. (I haven't a suitable trailer yet, anyway.)

Looking forward to this!

Regards, Kolibri

It will not be logistically possible for MoGas to be provided at KBMC.
However, as stated earlier, we can make gas runs with cans. My sources tell me there is only one supplier of ethanol free fuel in Brigham City, and that fuel is 85 octane. The station I know about (20 miles south, near exit 346 in Farr West) has 91 octane.

We have been in discussion with SOLOSHOT and they agreed to participate as a co sponsor of ROTR and donate a SOLOSHOT 2 unit for a prize. This is valued at 399.00 and includes the tracking unit and "TAG" tracking device. We feel this will give a great extra reason to come to this fantastic event. They are also willing to put video shot from this event on there international website. This could be a fun thing to be apart of and help promote gyro flight to many. Titanium Autogyro will be there and if schedule permits will be doing three forums.
One on the new Titanium Autogyro. Another on the SOLOSHOT and how to use it. Lastly, CFI Desmon Butts will do flight review group forum for a limited number of pilots. Then do the flight portion separately. This forum has a flat fee. The others do not.
We will be in Brigham City from June 9-13

The Super Monarch will definitely be there and there are plans for me and Kevin Richey to hold an informal discussion about our Yamaha conversions. I don't know if the Super Monarch will be flying by then, as I've just now finished the conversion and I'll be on the road this month. I hope to, at the very least, be able to begin ground testing by then. I'll have to go to the FSDO and talk with them about the requirements. Maybe we'll get it in the air. We'll see how my test pilot feels about it (you know who you are :wave: ).

I get another scan (CT) today and have an appointment with the Doc. I should know my status by Friday.

I get another scan (CT) today and have an appointment with the Doc. I should know my status by Friday.

I sure hope you get the green light Michael. It will be good to see you in Brigham City.

Cleared to fly

Cleared to fly

I got the green light today. I expect to have my first flight in the morning.

"awesome" nothing like a little jaunt in the sky to clear the cobwebs!

Closing in ... Looking good

Closing in ... Looking good

The rain has stopped and the sun is out. It's absolutely beautiful in the Brigham City area!
The weather outlook indicates warm temperatures and no rain all the way through the event.
I drove through there yesterday and there is so much green everywhere.

A few words of caution to those attending

Lots of moisture and warm temps stimulate the bug population. I recommend bringing along a good supply of mosquito repellent and using it regularly while at the event. Bring along some mild cleansing liquids to get the bugs off your aircraft, as you will accumulate a whole lot of them on your blades and any forward facing surfaces.
Also, don't forget your sunscreen.

I might add that the fruit stands close by are a great stop to get something. I think cherries might be ready about then. With the extra water the flying will be that much more fun.

Ohhh... the cherries are already here, and they're really good. (off to the store :rapture: )

Fueling options

Fueling options

Between now and ROTR I am installing a 60 gallon transfer tank in my pickup with pump.

Daily I will be topping it off with 91-92 octane ethanol free gasoline.

I am planning to be at ROTR the entire week.

If people need fuel they can get it from me if they choose.

Just thought it might help some!!!

Between now and ROTR I am installing a 60 gallon transfer tank in my pickup with pump.

If people need fuel they can get it from me if they choose.

Just thought it might help some!!!

Hey that's great to know! Do you have any idea what the price might be per gal?

I might have my blue MTO there with the 912IS for sale if any one wants a great ready MTO come, see, Fly and take it home.

Fuel Pricing

Fuel Pricing

Hey that's great to know! Do you have any idea what the price might be per gal?

I might have my blue MTO there with the 912IS for sale if any one wants a great ready MTO come, see, Fly and take it home.

I don't know that the Utah prices are. I only plan to ask people to pay what it cost me.

That's good. How do we contact you while there?

I've a 100 gal tank with filter etc which I had though of bringing but doubt will will fit on the gyro trailer with the gyro on board. Now I don't need to. Be sure to charge a few ¢ for the convenience.

:yo:

YEP.

Attachments

• 20150531_163420.jpg
    20150531_163420.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0