Rotors from Swift Tool Craft

PAgyropilot

Aircraft
RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
Has anyone used the rotors that were sold by Anthony Croelein, owner of Swiss Tool Craft, located in North Carolina? I've come into possession of an unused set, and they look fine, but I'd like to hear some experience from pilots who have installed them on their RAF 2000.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Gyrochuckt

Has anyone used the rotors that were sold by Anthony Croelein, owner of Swiss Tool Craft, located in North Carolina? I've come into possession of an unused set, and they look fine, but I'd like to hear some experience from pilots who have installed them on their RAF 2000.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Ask Duane Hunn

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,JetGyro,Titan T51,TwinStar, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Yes.... tested a set of 24’s I believe on a dominator. Nice blades but a bit stiff. When really cranking into a turn there was some stick bump due to flatter cone angle.
Fit and finish we’re good but didn’t like how he recommend dis assembling them (detach bolts from the hub bar).

PAgyropilot

Aircraft
RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
Thanks, Barry. That's very helpful. Everyone has their own perspective, so I'll ask:
What do you consider "really cranking into a turn"? Would that be what is commonly called a
high angle, or high bank turn? Or a medium? Just curious.

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,JetGyro,Titan T51,TwinStar, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
I’d say a high angle turn. Ron Awad (GyroRon) also flew them and agreed that they felt stiff....not as flexible as DragonWings.

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
150+
I own a pair, they are on my Dominator which has been flown by Barry and Ron Awad. There is a nice video of Ron flying my Dominator on youtube. Ron really did some yanking and banking. I have had them for approximately 150 hours and love them. The rotors are extruded aluminum with white powder coat. They are stiff but you never have to worry about flapping them. Yes, the disassembly does have you take them apart ( 3 bolts ) from the hub bar, the fit is a perfect CNC machined fit and does not require stringing the blades. The blades fly great in my opinion and are extremely durable. The teeter block has two separate adjustments, one for centering the teeter block between the teeter towers and one for adjusting your tracking. Be sure to check the set screw in the teeter block and put some lock tite on the set screw. Remember, everyone has an opinion, few on the forum are Aeronautical Engineers but many have been flying for years. I give these blades a thumbs up.

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
Gators right.... blades are smooth. Fit and finish are extremely good too. 👍🏻

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
They are stiff but you never have to worry about flapping them.
In my opinion stiff has little to do with flapping (sailing) the blades.

In my opinion any two bladed semi rigid rotor will experience blade flap (blade sailing) when the forward speed is too high for the rotor rpm with the disk tilted back (cyclic rearward).

Hitting the tail, prop or the ground often results.

In my opinion the cure as soon as the cyclic begins to oscillate is full forward with the cyclic and slow down.

PAgyropilot

Aircraft
RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
Great input from everyone. Thank you.

I'm trying to contact two people. The first is Duane Hunn. Does anyone know his phone number? The one listed on the PRA database always answers with a voice mailbox full message.

The second is Robert Hamilton, in Sparks, Nevada. It may sound a bit silly, but I like the color of his RAF, and want to find out the specific name, or color mix.

PAgyropilot

Aircraft
RAF 2000
Total Flight Time
And one other question: The rotors I've acquired are 14 feet in length, not 15 feet. Are they usable on an RAF 2000? Or will performance be degraded? (I was thinking I would have to fly at a higher RPM.) Anyway, input is welcome. Thanks.