rotor size

bishoff7

Aircraft
Rans s9 ragwing s1 sonex
Total Flight Time
:phone:Hi I am hoping Jon or someone can hop in and answer my question
will a sportcopter that was originally fitted with a 503 and a set of 24x7 rotors still fly with a ok with those rotors if it is now fitted with the 618 the serial number of the craft is 027
Thanks in advance
Chris

:phone:Hi I am hoping Jon or someone can hop in and answer my question
will a sportcopter that was originally fitted with a 503 and a set of 24x7 rotors still fly with a ok with those rotors if it is now fitted with the 618 the serial number of the craft is 027
Thanks in advance
Chris

My 1999 Sportcopter 582 (open frame with instrument pod) serial number 053 originally had 23 X 7 factory blades. I now have SportRotor 25 X 8 blades. The biggest thing to consider is the density altitude/temperature you are flying normally and your all up weight . You need to include this information to make a good call Chris, so I am wondering about your experience level. If you are not doing anything resembling aerobatic flying, they should be fine. The 618 does not have enough power to set any speed or other unusual limits on the machine if flown normally and set up correctly. MY setup is slightly over bladed for sea level when cold, but very good at higher DA's and 90+F temperatures and full fuel. From looking p your home town. Morwell's altitude and temperature range you should be just fine if you are in the normal weight range.

Jon, just makes the blades , he does not know anything about anything except where to cash his paychecks at the massage parlor, buy drugs, and steal cars. OK, Just kidding Jon, say Hi to everyone at SportCopter, and I will see you guys soon.

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel, Ca N86SH

Last edited:
Hi Scott
thanks for the quick reply the I will check on my weights tonight and get back to you on that one
Regards Chris

Jon, just makes the blades , he does not know anything about anything except where to cash his paychecks at the massage parlor, buy drugs, and steal cars. OK, Just kidding Jon, say Hi to everyone at SportCopter, and I will see you guys soon.

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel, Ca N86SH

Will do!
I was on a good no posting stretch!!! Thanks a lot Scott!!!! Hope you're doing well.

Jon, not being in denial about your numerous high crimes and misdemeanors is the first step towards your recovery. Congratulations!!! You may now go back to making me a new adjustable hub bar for Christmas... I should be up in a week or two to get cold and wet in Oregon.

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel,Ca N86SH

Sorry to take so long to get back to to you people it makes me look like an arrogant SOB far from it .The guy that was going to do my transition training got taken out in his training machine and I have been in a bit of shock over it actually He was such a top bloke too
I am 93kgs Jon
I have only got about 1" clearance between the rotor and prop on full back stick and on the stops is that ok or too close I am running a standard 28" warpdrive. Our regs over here in Aus recomend 3"

Regards Chris

You'll be ok as long as you don't flap the blades. Keep the stick forward at low RRPMs.
Sorry to hear about your trainer. My condolences. I've lost friends recently and I know how it feels.
I would look for some 25's. 24's will fly, but might be a little fast. With the 618 you'll have enough power.
Best Regards,
Jon

By the way Chris, nobody thinks you're an "arrogant SOB". That's MY job and you can't have it!!!

Anyway, I forgot to ask if you know your gross weight and if you've thrust tested the machine.

Thanks,
Jon