Rotor head

Rattler 1

Aircraft
C150-C172-Taylorcraft-Tbird-Rans S9-challenger-Benson-Air Command-Sportcopter
Total Flight Time
I have another question. Should I be greasing the pivot bolts on my rotor head? I have an Air Command Elite. Also, what maintenance is required on the rotor bearing?

Do you have your head disassembled so you can put all the parts in a row on the table, just like they assemble and post a photo?

No I do not. There are no issues but wondering about grease on the pivot bolts and is there any lube required for the bearing?

I have no experience with an Air Command Elite.

I have no experience with an Air Command Elite.

I have another question. Should I be greasing the pivot bolts on my rotor head? I have an Air Command Elite. Also, what maintenance is required on the rotor bearing?

I lube the pivot bearings every fifty hours on The Predator. I lube and inspect the teeter bearings at the same time Kevin.

If I flew less I would do it more often.

They are needle roller bearings. I would lube them every time I flew if they were bushings.

I use a sealed main rotor bearing on The Predator so it is maintenance free.

If I had a shielded or open bearing I would replace it with a sealed bearing.

If it is an air command head it should use the DU or ZU Teflon sleeve bearings with a stainless bushing, They require NO lubrication.
If it has needle bearings then it should be lubed with some good quality grease at your annual inspection.

A DU bushing has a black layer of lead/Teflon for a wear surface and needs no lubrication. In this case, the teeter bolt can be torqued up so as to lock the hat bushings against the hub block.

A plain bronze bushing needs to be lubricated along with the teeter bolt and the teeter bolt must float. That is, the nut is drawn up enough to take out most of the backlash but free enough to rotate.

Attachments

• DU.JPG
    DU.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
Thanks to all for your input.