Rotor Head Mounting

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
300+ flexwing (pendulaire) newly trained on gyrocopter (autogire)
My machine has round tubing for the chassis and mast, but, the rotor head mounting plates are flat. The original mounting has a spacer bar in the middle of the mast tube to prevent the tube being squashed out of shape on tightening the mounting bolts pic mast head mounting 1.

I wonder if by using a washer on the inside of the tube with the same radius as the tube and bolting each side independently of the other may produce a better grip as in pic mast head mounting 2.

There are presently 4 bolts that go all the way through, I am proposing 8, 4 to each side.

Please accept my appologise for my doodles, I'm not a draughtsman, and it's all been done whilst having a beer or three.

regards

phil (de fer)

Attachments

jrrylee

Aircraft
Hornet with mods
Total Flight Time
10 hrs tandem training Magni M16
The bolt all the way through will help prevent fatigue from the twisting force of a pre-rotator in my opinion.

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
300+ flexwing (pendulaire) newly trained on gyrocopter (autogire)
@jrrylee I was wondering about the added rigidity that may be given by the through bolts.

@C. Beaty the holes are already drilled so don't want to create more, but a great idea to simplify the job. I've checked aerofastener previously for items but can't find where/how to order and pay. I'm a bit of a dinosaur with technology.

phil