rotor head for for a tractor style gyro

Welder

I am learning about gyrocopters and and would like to ask another question please.

On this forum, tractor style gyros, Jonsu was very nice by posting some info about a couple of ultralight gyros. One is a tailwheel "Skyrotor". It was modeled with a Rotax 503, and in my opinion pretty doggone efficient.

My question, as I am getting pretty serious about building a copy, is what type rotor head should I be looking at? I should include, I am considering, I guess I should it, a "Bensen" style direct control bar/handle.

Also, unrelated to my question, first as a learning exercise, I am looking fabricating the fuselage as designed, but with carbon over foam for all the tubing (the foam to form the carbon fabric
I do not know the empty weight or mot weight, but I weigh 180-190lbs, (I really like sweets) and ice cream!

thank you for your consideration

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
I am learning about gyrocopters and and would like to ask another question please.

On this forum, tractor style gyros, Jonsu was very nice by posting some info about a couple of ultralight gyros. One is a tailwheel "Skyrotor". It was modeled with a Rotax 503, and in my opinion pretty doggone efficient.

My question, as I am getting pretty serious about building a copy, is what type rotor head should I be looking at? I should include, I am considering, I guess I should it, a "Bensen" style direct control bar/handle.

Also, unrelated to my question, first as a learning exercise, I am looking fabricating the fuselage as designed, but with carbon over foam for all the tubing (the foam to form the carbon fabric
I do not know the empty weight or mot weight, but I weigh 180-190lbs, (I really like sweets) and ice cream!

thank you for your consideration
With the light weight you should be able to use whatever rotor head comes with the blades.

You may have trouble getting training in a tractor gyroplane and they fly differently than a pusher.

Very few CFIs have experience with tractors.

In my opinion building a particular frame design using a different material pretty much changes everything.

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,JetGyro,Titan T51,TwinStar, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
May I suggest training in existing machines before trying to design and build one first.......can't beat hands on experience to get a better idea of what works and what doesn't.