Rotor Brake

Gaylon

Aircraft
Roto Hawk Falcon I, PV1, VP2
Total Flight Time
Hey All,

My Falcon has no rotor brake. I would like to hear some ideas on making one for it.

Thanks

Gaylon
Roto Hawk Falcon I

If it will fit , why not just buy a Wunderlick unit?

Attachments

• IM000896.JPG
    IM000896.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
Hey, I like that Idea. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Do they have a web sight?

Thanks

Gaylon

Last edited:
Does anyone have the phone number or information to them???

Thanks

Gaylon

His ad is always in the PRA mag. If you don't have one I will get you the #. No website. Air Command also has them. Brock has them also. I think they are pretty much universal but take some measurements before you call & ask them if it will work. Good Luck.

call dick wunderlich at 815-838-0450. but with skills you can make one. Mine was not heavy enought for my 2 place and my dentist made me one.

Yes my dentis he is a pro on tool and die machining
Chuck P.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the number, and other replies. I don't have a PRA mag. I used to have a bunch, but gave them away. I renewed my membership, but some how have be left off the mailing list. I have called and emailed to no avail. But, that is a different matter :confused: What did you do with your old one?

Thanks Again

L8R

Gaylon

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I just spoke with Dick. A roto brake for my gyro is $56.00 plus S/H. Well worth it. The only problem I can see is making a control for it. My Falcon is enclosed, so the pull rope won't work.

Thanks

L8R

Gaylon

?what do you mean rope. is just push forward the stick and the pad will hit the front tower pushing up the brake pad.
Chuck :confused:

Rotor Brake

Hi Galon,
What comes to mind on something other than rope. There is a pull twist and lock T-handle that ,I believe, uses a wire cable. That would or could work pretty slick especially through an enclosure.

http://www.push-pull.com/products/product_1.htm

I also think there's one in the wag-aero catalog.
T-handle I-833-000 (5foot) and I-833-100 (7foot) about $32 plus

Gaylon,

The Wunderlich break does not use a rope or anything to operate the brake. You just push the cyclic stick forward to the full extent which engages the rotor brake. I and many other "fix" the rotor brake actuator (round nylon piece - cut off a little shorter so it does not engage until the stick is all the way forward) in place so it is always ready to work when the stick is pushed.

Hey Dave,

Cool, Thanks. Chuck, the one that I saw had a rope and a T handle like for a go cart engine. You pulled on the rope to apply the brake. I think I understand that you can also set it up like your saying for full forward stick. That's interesting. Ken I didn't see your post until I posted. I understand now :)

Thanks

Gaylon

Last edited: