Rotax manual

Re:Rotax manual

The Rotax manuals suck, but saying that you ought to be able to download one from the rotax website for free.

Hey Phil

Get Leading Edge Airfoil catalog...
Really the best place for documentation and parts.

Charles

Phil,

Do you want the manuals, or info? I still have a 618 so I don't want to get rid of the two manuals I have. (I believe there are also some manuals for the 618 that I don't have)

However, I would be happy to provide you with any info from either of the manuals. I could even send you a photo of a page, etc..

The two manuals that I have are entitled "Preliminary Operator's Manual" and "Spare Parts List". Both are for the 618.

Let me know if I can help,

Chuck

Thanks all,

Chuck, What I am looking for mostly is the electrical hook ups and RAVE valve operation.

I have 5 wires (Color coded) coming from the engine and not sure which one goes where.

One wire is grey,
One is yellow,
Two with yellow and black stripes (the black stripe is bigger than the yellow stripe)
One with yellow and black stripes (the yellow stripe is bigger than the black stripe).

Ron, Do you have an address for the Rotax manual. I looked around several locations but didn't see anything for a free down load?

Charles, I will break out my LEAF catalog soon and take a look. Been real busy around here lately.

Thanks Guys, Phil

Phil,
I sent you a private email with six attachments showing pages I thought you might need. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Chuck

Thanks Chuck, I'll get these printed out and start studying them soon. Can't wait to get this engine mounted....

Thanks again, Phil

Phil, you're more than welcome. If you need anything else, just let me know. Chuck

Phil;

Ron was correct. I downloaded all the manuals for my 503.

Try this link: http://www.challengers101.com/Manuals.html

That page has a link to California Power Systems also. That is where I downloaded mine.

I immediately copied mine to a CD. I can read them at the computer, print only the pages I have to have with me while doing the maintenance. If you have a laptop, or cheap desktop, you can take the CD to the shop or hanger (you lucky dog) and have all your manuals handy while you work.

Tom