Rotax Mandatory Service Bulletin affecting AR-1 owners and others

georgio744

New Gyronaut
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
So I am guessing the new one is made of a different material.
Does anybody know what the serial numbers for uncertified Rotax engines are? The notifications I got from Rotax Owners.com seemed to be for certified engines only. Also where is the serial number that is on the carburetors?
The serial number for the carburetor is stamped on the body under the choke actuator. BTW the photo is not my carb but that's where they stamp the serial.
1565112144438.png

The file I attached might be the one you are looking for.
George

Attachments

loftus

Aircraft
Aircam
Total Flight Time
500 hours

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
My wonderful Rotax IRMT ( Heavy) - just 3 miles away from me did the circlip service on my two here at KEWK! - this week ... Kinda bummed as he had done the 200 hour carb service ...when exploring the damage - last September! ... And we had to go ahead & replace the brand new clips .... Less than 5 flight hours!

Time to renew insurance .... I decided to just insure the ones for sale ... Not my personal machine above liability level .. But now Starr is the only underwriter & if liability only ...the premium is jacked 25 % if you go with only liability!

Time to support all John Rountrees's funding ideas to get that million dollar pool so thatPRA can offer us all reasonable insurance ... It's the last big item on his wish list ... To give GREAT membership benefits to join PRA!

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
IAT pulled out because gyroplanes made 1% of their revenue and 15% of their claims. Mainly 2 Cavalons and one SparrowHawks totalled. One of the Cavalons was a 915iS powered $200k claim alone. Insurance underwriters think that gyroplane CFIs are letting people specially people adding category too easily. They also believe that rich customers think they have a toy not a real aircraft and treat it as such.