Rotax 532 Electronic Ignition

in the bottom of the pic you see the later small black outside trigger , if you have the outside system in your motor this kit is good for you, if not its the old internal that i think you can have because you have the internal point system,
$_57.JPG

the old internal system look like this , the trigger is incorporated in the inside stator on the plate ,
$_57.JPG

the old internal system look like this , the trigger is incorporated in the inside stator on the plate ,
$_57.JPG

Are the pockets for the external evident from the outside of the case?

So is this picture the points system or the CDI? Did any of the later 532 come with CDI? Mine may be one of the later or even last ones. Any way to tell from a serial number?

looks like the stator coil is way better on the CDI also.

Hey thank you so much for the visual. Thats going above and beyond Martin. I cant tell you how much I appreciate this.

Mark

you ask-----So is this picture the points system or the CDI?----------i think if you never see or cant make de différence if the stator plate is cdi or point in the upper picture , you need a guy to do this job , or have to lern from book , internet , or a guy or friend to show you, because i think you will not be cappable to do the timing job , all the swap and will risk burning your motor, you cant tuch this if you never see a point set,

Never seen this type

Never seen this type

Martin, I have always tuned my own cars. I know what points set looks like. I just don't know that this type of points set looks like. I don't see points in the second picture. If they under the black block on the stator then I get it. I can do this if I know what I am looking for. This is why I ask questions.

I really do appreciate the time you have given.

Mark.

ok the point is like all point and visible on the plate, the lower pic is the old electronic internal ignition trigger its the black block thing, the other completely different is the external, i never hade a 532 point in my hand i quide you all by picture

your point when you remove your flywheel with a puller you will see it , i dont post pic of point i know you want tu remove it , i only put pic of the 2type of electronic system to show you the difference to know what to by,

the only difference is the outside or inside trigger in the 2 system all the other tower on the stator is the ac alternator

your point when you remove your flywheel with a puller you will see it , i dont post pic of point i know you want tu remove it , i only put pic of the 2type of electronic system to show you the difference to know what to by,

Got it. both are CDI old and new. I found a PDF that describes the points tune up process. However I want the reliability of the CDI and now I know what to get. And as I understand it, all 532's came with points. None came with CDI. So I just need to open it up and see the what I need to order.

Also thanks for the tip on the regulator.

Again thank you so much for your time and the education.

Mark

ok thanks this forum is for this , learn and help i learn many thing on this site i try to help if i can

My 532 when new

My 532 when new

Norm here are the pictures of my 532 when its was for sale in 2010.

Is the gold box in between the coils the box you said may also be on the starter cover?

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• 532-01.jpg
    532-01.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 2
  • 532-02.jpg
    532-02.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 532-03.jpg
    532-03.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2
On a 503 like mine it's located on the pull starter cover.

Cheers
Erik

Thanks for the info Martin , this is the most informative 532 / cdi thread I have found yet.

Couple more questions for you ;

Are the crank cases obviously different from the outside ? between int/ext trigger

The case in post 32 doesnt look like it has the area cast into the case for the external triggers to mount.

Will probably buy a whole engine online , so identifying the correct parts from pics will be important.

Told ya there would be more questions!

Told ya there would be more questions!

Yep more questions!

Once the old coils are removed, do I remove this plate that holds the coils? I assume the gold box that hold the diodes are no longer needed, the new CDI has a box that has the two plug wires attached, question is where and how is this newer CDI box attatched to the engine?

Does any one that has done this have any pictures, instructions and advise?

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• 532-03.jpg
    532-03.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1
i just saw now that you posted , i think the old 532 case dont have the place for the external trigger , but with the old internal one it work, but the output can be less watts , even with the early model you have the low output for the rope start only model, this model dont have the stator tower full of wire or winding on all tower, the electric starter model stator that i have on my 582 is 175 watts output, madwinger the plate with coil and damping box can be remove, if you install your new cdi and coil at an other place, i will post you some picture of set up
-2945231210289475700.jpg