Rotary Head

Txgyropilot

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Aviomania G2sB Genesis Duo
Total Flight Time
170 Ultralight FW, 500 Gyro, 15 GA
41fd3546c29517a6c6e3aeaced36e7c3.jpg

This is on my Air Command. Who makes it?

It doesn't look like the current Air Command head.

I have 23' Dragon Wings, is this an Air Command Head?

Last edited:
I don't know what kinnda head that is. That's a Parson's gimbal assembly.
Is this on a two place or single?
If its a single you could take the top block out and have Ernie make you a set of towers for your bearing block.You will have to send him your bearing block.

If it's a two seater than you need a new rotor head and that should bolt right up to your torque tube.

Single Place Hat Bearings

Single Place Hat Bearings

Jake,

It is is on a CLT Single Place Air Command with an MZ 202 engine.

I only need to replace the hat bearings. After talking the Air Command, it is not their head.

Is their a source other than the rotor head manufacturer for the teeter bolt hat bearings?

After talking the Air Command, it is not their head.

Looks like a single bearing head with really tall teeter towers and tall teeter stops to match. Doesn't look right for a single place machine, almost as though someone was trying to jack up the rotor to clear something.

The bearing block may be Aircommand, at least it looks like the one I have.

The roll block may also be old style Aircommand, bolt together design instead of machined from the solid as in their later design.

Looks like a single bearing head with really tall teeter towers and tall teeter stops to match. Doesn't look right for a single place machine, almost as though someone was trying to jack up the rotor to clear something.

The bearing block may be Aircommand, at least it looks like the one I have.

The roll block may also be old style Aircommand, bolt together design instead of machined from the solid as in their later design.

Allan,

The airframe was converted to CLT with Air Command's conversion kit and later from a 503 to an MZ 202. I believe that the 503 had a 60" Prop as does the current MZ.

So I am not sure why it has the tall tower?

I hope I am in the right place to ask this question. I got my hands on an Air Command rotor head and I need drawings/parts list to see if I have everything. I am new to gyro's so any help you can give me would be gratefully appreciated.

John

If you contact Air Command in Texas they can send you a build manual which has an exploded view of the rotorhead along with the part names and bolt sizes.

Bring it down to Anahuac, there's a couple Air Commands you can look at to compare and we may possibly have all the parts you need for your rotor head.

How happy are you with the mz-202 as a replacement for the 503? I have been thinking of one for my gyro for just a bit more power.
Rick