Robinson R44 - Ultimate Pilot's Operating Handbook

basti

Hi guys,

I just published a book that I've been working on for the last couple of months and wanted to introduce it here.
It is about the Robinson 44 (interestingly despite the fact, that the R44 is one of the most flown helicopters in the world this is the first book about it, as far as I can tell) and goes well beyond what the POH has to offer information-wise.
I worked really hard on gathering all the information there is about the R44 and then compress it into an easy to read and easy to understand form to share that information with pilots all over the world.
I also did my best to dramatically improve the image and illustrations quality, as compared to, for example, the POH.

I hope this will be a great help for pilots, as I know, that when I first flew the R44 there were many things I would have liked to know but could not find in an understandable way, or at all, anywhere.

If you get one in your hands, please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks
Bastian

for more info you can see the homepage about the book:
http://www.bajalipublishing.com/home/

Or the Amazon product page:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0983696209/sr=8-1/qid=1308362106/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1308362106&sr=8-1&seller=

below is the blurb about it

The Ultimate Pilot’s Operating Handbook – Robinson R44 by Bastian Liebermann

This book expands the information the factory provided pilot’s operating handbook (POH) gives and provides valuable information for pilots flying or going to fly the Robinson R-44.

Whether you are a student pilot getting to know the R-44 or an experienced pilot reviewing content for recency or biannual check-rides this Handbook will provide the information you need.

It features and explains the main content of the POH giving a more detailed and in-depth description about the Systems, the Performance and the Limitations of the Robinson R-44 helicopter.

Be able to do a more thorough, knowledgeable Pre-Flight inspection and get a better understanding about the R-44’s features by reading the enhanced System descriptions. For the pilot to get a more thorough safety understanding the Robinson Awareness Training is included, as well as a special emphasis on the Performance and Loading Limits of this specific helicopter.

This book covers all models of the R-44 series. Regarding a significant difference between these models the principles and limitations of the carburetor, as well as the fuel injection are explained in an easy to understand manner. Also provided in this Handbook are conversion tables for multiple units.

Tks for your efforts, bastian. I will buy one. Very helpful for me. I just bought a robinson 44.

I can see you wave.
If you go to the end of my driveway and climb the fence you're at Conelias Pass Rd
And across that is Brown Junior High School.
No I've got nothing to do with Hillsdoro Aviation.

Last edited:
Wow, we have a population explosion. I'm just south of Hillsboro (with a Hillsboro address.) I took a Helicopter lesson at Hillsboro Aviation for my birthday last year. Wish I had the funds to go all the way. Hey, maybe we can find a group who could co-own an R44 together.

Sorry, bastian . I am travelling, right now in athens, and do not check the forum often. I bought a low hours 2009 r-44 raven ii with pop out floats. Very useful in my country which is full of water. By the way, i bought five of your books . One for my son, who also flies helicopters. Another for my mechanic . Another for my safety pilot, a young man of 22 years old with over 1000 tt, mainly spraying crops with r44, and two for friends that fly r-44. We recently had tim tucker in panama for a safety robinson seminar. Over 20 pilots attended. We have a large fleet of robinsons down here, for pleasure and work(fishing, tourism and agricultural)

Last edited:
I can see you wave.
If you go to the end of my driveway and climb the fence you're at Conelias Pass Rd
And across that is Brown Junior High School.
No I've got nothing to do with Hillsdoro Aviation.

Wow, we have a population explosion. I'm just south of Hillsboro (with a Hillsboro address.) I took a Helicopter lesson at Hillsboro Aviation for my birthday last year. Wish I had the funds to go all the way. Hey, maybe we can find a group who could co-own an R44 together.

It seems there is a population explosion!
I am living closer to downtown Hillsboro, though. But really funny that everybody's that close together!
Gary "2" maybe you can find something like that - especially in America aircraft sharing seems to be pretty common; I guess mostly fixed-wing, though..

Congrat's to you Ramon on your new purchase.
I know you'll put it to good use...!
See you when I get back down there...in the mean time I'll stay in touch via email.
Enjoy your travel's (howz the food in Greece...?)

M-M.

Food in Greece is wonderful. I did not stop eating. I will have to do again my weight and balances on aircraft! I am back in Paris until the middle of July. Back in Panama then and to the new helico. I look forward seeing you there and fly together. How is Robert Fiveson? Is he flying his new Subaru Gyro?