Rick Wittridge’s beautiful Bensen

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
Rick Wittridge’s beautiful Bensen.
Sorry if posted before....worthwhile to watch it one more time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuNpPhUH7zY&list=FL0IvHABdYoalGjopmiT6baQ

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M / Twinstarr
Thanks for posting the Video! I had not seen this version before. Thanks to Paul Plack the video wizard for his great Videos!:hail:

Earthboundmisft

The 'FIXER'
Satellite Beach, (Sea Park),(Original 'Lums Bums'
Aircraft
The 'MISSFIT' gyro, GRAND CHAMPION, Bensen Days 2010
Total Flight Time
700 F/W, 227 Gyro
Before I started building the 'Missfit', I had taken many pictures of only the nicest gyros over the years. The 'Gadget' picture hung in three different shops as I completed my build.
In fact, it's still in my gyro hangar. Amazing craftsmanship.

MadMuz

Aircraft
Open Gyro, Grumman AA5, Cessna
Total Flight Time
That was awesome Giorgos, thanks mate, beautiful machine, fantastic bloke with a great attitude..... had to watch it twice (I must have missed the first time you posted it) :yo:

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Before I started building the 'Missfit', I had taken many pictures of only the nicest gyros over the years. The 'Gadget' picture hung in three different shops as I completed my build.
In fact, it's still in my gyro hangar. Amazing craftsmanship.

I definitely like your "tail" art better though, you got it all over Rick's machine in that area!

Arnie Madsen

Aircraft
Bell 47 G2
Very Nice Machine Rick Wittridge ... and a very good interview too .!! Thank you .

As a Motorcycle Guy you will like this story ..... around 1977 I painted an original Chopper Motorcycle for a fella named Mike Gumowski .... Chrome Forks a mile long ... the only thing I had to paint was the frame , gas tank and rear fender ... and the owner chose a very unusual color .... Jon Kosmoski House of Colors Candy Apple Green over a Silver Basecoat

To my surprise it turned out beautiful ... until then I had never cared much for the color green ... it looked just like the color of your Gyro and now I love that color !!!!

He also wanted an airbrush mural of "Makin Bacon" on the tank .... it turned out pretty good too :)

The Machine you built is a work of art .

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M / Twinstarr
Arnie, You have keen eye, The Gadget is House of colors organic green with silver base. Thanks for the story! I have used a lot of candy colors but this color is my favorite also!

Doug S.

PRA # 41505
Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex / Xenon RST
Total Flight Time
First Class all the way.

First Class all the way.

Rick.
I never get tired of seeing the Gadget.....
We all need to hook up and go down to Milano's again.
Doug S.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Rick- Your gyro is simply a work of art. You showed a very high level of work on that...It has to be see in person.

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M / Twinstarr
Thank you for the kind words, Hard to believe I built Gadget back in 94-96. Still runs & looks good!

neutrax

rat now
Aircraft
1966 bensen 2015 SC M912
Total Flight Time
Rick Very cool gyro, words and great craftsmanship. Hope I get to see it some day.