Revolution Mini 500 Parts and MH-1 Upgrade

Upper cowling modification

Upper cowling modification

We are installing intakes on the upper cowling. The purpose is to have forced air flow through the cowling and cool the engine compartment.
The cool air will flow through the intakes, flow past the main rotor transmission oil cooler, then around the engine and exit the rear cowling where the exhaust exits. This will and should keep the engine running cool.
I will then keep my enclosed original cowling.

Attachments

• IMG_20141126_080311_887.jpg
    IMG_20141126_080311_887.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20141126_080318_943.jpg
    IMG_20141126_080318_943.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 4
Up to date

Up to date

When I left John's we had the engine mounted, oil tank installed, oil pump installed, belly cowling installed, firewall fuel on/off valve installed, retract shoulder harness installed, instrument panel installed, my fire extinguisher installed and my navigation lights installed.We got a lot accomplished.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 6
Your harness reel must be mounted inside...how is it backed up behind firewall? Interested in the radiator setup...short video, maybe?
You're using Rick's exhaust, I think. you'll have an air exit hole where the normal exhaust was?

smiles,
Charles

Upgrade

Upgrade

Your harness reel must be mounted inside...how is it backed up behind firewall? Interested in the radiator setup...short video, maybe?
You're using Rick's exhaust, I think. you'll have an air exit hole where the normal exhaust was?

smiles,
Charles

I will be using the header pipes like is on John's ship, with the KTM carbon fiber silencer system out the back where the original exhaust existed. I will be cutting and modifying the side cowlings with a tear drop scoop on both sides to accommodate the exhaust and intake.
The radiator setup is a done deal. It's already bolted up and installed. No video in the future.
My shoulder harness will be mounted to the firewall with a metal reinforcement bracket. I just drilled the holes for now. I need to install my firewall interior before we install everything.

Vickie gets all the fun

Vickie gets all the fun

Vickie gets all the fun. Although she couldn't talk John into letting her take his copter around for a spin...

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 6
Again...Vickie gets all the fun

Again...Vickie gets all the fun

Vickie gets a checkout in Joe Rinkes machine....

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 10
Did this helicopter ever get going or is it stagnant and collecting dust?

Rotor1 Upgrade

Rotor1 Upgrade

I want install MGL rotor1 for my mini 500 but I dont know how to replace old tooth sensor to MGL tooth sensor.Any one has idea for me?

Build Update

Build Update

Did this helicopter ever get going or is it stagnant and collecting dust?

Many long hours and time and my project is finally heading to the airport for final assembly.

No, it's not a barn queen like many of you wish it was.

This upgrade was done right I feel it will be one of the nicest single seat helicopters out there.

However, my priorities have changed since this project was started.

I will be purchasing a 2 place helicopter in the near future and this project after it's together, airworthy and flying will probably go up for sale.

You may see it at Oshkosh this year if I decide to take it..

Regards,

Kevin

If that's the case how much do you want for it? John does very nice work.

First, we plan on getting it together and airworthy. Then flying the 40 hours required.

After that, keep logging hours on her until we feel everything is safe and sound.

Then, I may decide if I will put it up for sale.

All I know, I have a lot of money and time invested in this project. I have to give the past forum responders credit, I did invest more than I expected to.

I want to make sure it's a safe and reliable bird before it goes anywhere.

John and Rick dedicated many man hours into my project and I believe we will end up with a very nice single place helicopter soon. Ricks job now is the final assembly and doing all the rigging. Both John and Rick will help fly the bird after assembly making sure it's doing what it's suppose to do.

I can't thank both of them enough for helping me with this project. If it wasn't for them, it would have been a barn queen.

I will post final pictures and flying video as soon as we get her assembled.

Thanks for the interest

Kevin

MH-1 Upgrade

MH-1 Upgrade

I guess no one really cares about my project or more would comment here. So I will sign off.

Never to post here again.

For those who know me, you know how to get ahold of me..

Fly safe......MH-1 upgrade will be flying soon

Wow! Forget your meds?
Two posts this week with an unanswered inquiry as to pricing.

Oh well, c-ya........D.L.T.D.H.Y.I.T.A.

Thank you Dennis.

It seems a shame to me to lose anyone on the Rotary Wing Forum.

I learn from all the posters.

Mini posts

Mini posts

Hi All

Just because no one replys to the post does not mean that we are not interested in your project. I read all the new posts here on anything that has to do with a helicopters, just about every day.I read and follow the posts, I just don't reply.Keep posting I read them. look at the view counter on this subject almost 21.000 someone must be reading it

Doug S

Last edited:
Doug S. Is correct some of us read and checkout the progress and pictures of projects and do not post. It's not like Facebook where everyone could press a like button. So here ya go !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, it would be good to have a like button.
I've wanted to use one several times on this forum.
Cheers Cam.