Revolution Mini 500 Parts and MH-1 Upgrade

bugflyer

Bugflyer
Aircraft
owned C-205, Titan Tornado II, flown C150s, PA-140s, PA-18, R-22. R-44, 1 hour in P51C
Total Flight Time
seat storage

seat storage

Hey John, I wanted to know if there is room under the seat for storage...thinking I could make the seat tilt forward. I see Joe has a lockable space on the right side.

Smiles,
Charles

bugflyer

Bugflyer
Aircraft
owned C-205, Titan Tornado II, flown C150s, PA-140s, PA-18, R-22. R-44, 1 hour in P51C
Total Flight Time
Never having seen one in person, I imagine that's where they are. Just wondering if there's some room above them.

smiles,
Charles

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Hey Charles,

A small Tupperware container could make a recessed area for storage but not much bigger than a quart size or so. Just enough for a wallet and keys, etc.

Bryan

There is room for storage in the dog house as well, although a little tricky. I had an ACK 101 ELT on a 45 deg angle mounted in mine.
Kirt

MH1FLYER

We Fix Legends!
Hey John, I wanted to know if there is room under the seat for storage...thinking I could make the seat tilt forward. I see Joe has a lockable space on the right side.

Smiles,
Charles
Yeah there is no room due to the controls as Don said. Joe has molded the two back side storage compartments which is nice. I want to also in close the bottom all the way back to the back storage boxes and make the floor flat. This can be done very easily due to the way the peddles are designed which I like and most everyone else don't. Than you would have floor storage as well as the two back storage compartment.

Attachments

bugflyer

Bugflyer
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Great start. Is that Kevin? Does he get to stay longer?

Smiles,
Charles

MH1FLYER

We Fix Legends!
Charles,
Wish he could have stayed longer, we would have gotten more done. We want to do it where he can get the repairman's certificate for it when it's done.

Brian,
This will be the best one, and the prettiest one yet when it's done. Well next to mine.LOL!!!

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
John..

That is going to be another gem of a chopper . The fleet of MH1's is expanding.

AirBusDriver

Aircraft
A320, B737, DA900, DA50, DA20, DA10, BE200, C650, EAA BIPLANE, WACO UPF7, MANY ULTRALIGHTS
Total Flight Time
Mh-1 upgrade update

Mh-1 upgrade update

Hello MH-1 Upgrade followers. After many hours of working on my bird John and I finally got it back up on it's skids. I have every new part bought and ready to install. Now it's time to work and get her finished.
Here are some pictures of our progress. John already posted some pictures.
I disassembled the upper rotor assembly. Pressed in new brass bushings. Ready to install all new bearings, seals, bolts, nuts, washers, etc....under John's supervision of course. Rick will have the rear transmission done soon as well. Rick finished my 0 time engine and is ready to install as soon as we get the motor mount bolts.
I will keep updating as we progress in my upgrade.

Attachments

Last edited:

HobbyCAD

Homebuilt Heli Enthusiast
Hi Kevin,

If you are not going to need them, would you mind selling me your original cast pitch arms? I am in need of one, but I'll take both off you.

Cheers,

Francois

bryancobb

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Hey Kevin,

I love seeing your progress!

On your table full of parts...what's the roller-skate-looking thingys in the top right of the picture?

AirBusDriver

Aircraft
A320, B737, DA900, DA50, DA20, DA10, BE200, C650, EAA BIPLANE, WACO UPF7, MANY ULTRALIGHTS
Total Flight Time
Let's ask John.......

Let's ask John.......

Hey Kevin,

On your table full of parts...what's the roller-skate-looking thingys in the top right of the picture?
Bryan,

I really don't know.....It was on John's workbench.....Let's let John describe it for you...However, it may be some secret machined upgrade piece that he will never tell you about..

AirBusDriver

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Pitch arms

Pitch arms

Hi Kevin,

If you are not going to need them, would you mind selling me your original cast pitch arms? I am in need of one, but I'll take both off you.

Cheers,

Francois
Francois,

You can have them..They are the upgraded pitch arms from Revolution.
I'll ask John what there worth and I'll give you a deal.

If I'm not down at the shop, John can send them to you....

Kevin

bryancobb

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
F r a c o i s s c o r e s ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

MH1FLYER

We Fix Legends!
Hey Kevin,

Brian,
That's a Gopro apparatus. Mount the camera on it set the axle radius and pull it with a piece of long fishing line and get a ground view up circle of what you are filming.