Restart Chapter 63 ???

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
I've designed, built, and flown 4 different ultralight gyros. Amassing parts for a 2 place now.
Total Flight Time
400+
Chapter 63 used to be a pretty active PRA chapter years ago but it has languished. There are several new gyro in the Southeast Michigan area and maybe there is some interest in reinvigorating it? I'm seemingly forever building a gyro, as is a friend of Mine Jeff, Curtis Scholl is also looking into building a Hornet, There are 2 AR-1's at Howell and Mettetal Airports and a Sportcopter at Ann Arbor airport. How about it ?!

I know there is an active gyro instructor and some gyro building going on in Hastings so there must be a pool of gyro guys/ladies in your area. Way to step up and get the group together. Have a fly in to an airport that has a diner and folks will show....food!

There is a new gyro based at OZW airport, Howell, MI. We had the meetings there years ago, in the basement building of the FBO.

Last edited:
Mettetal has allowed us to use there facility in the past but I'm fairly sure we could go to most any airport and have an informal meeting to get things started. If we picked Ann Arbor, Howell, Fowlerville, or Mettetal as a start, Which would be the preferred venue? I'd be open to Any of them, but as a choice I'd pick AA, Mettetal, Howell, then Fowlerville. What do you prefer?

New member here,
I am not far from Ann Arbor, but I know there is a restaurant at the end of the strip in Napoleon Michigan with fantastic pie, although there prob isnt alot of interest this late in the year?

I am currently seeking out information on instruction/training, so location is not that important to me.

Thanks

Welcome Speedy! I know of 2 people in Ann Arbor, one in Canton, and one in Saline that have expressed interest in meeting. With you included it would seem like we have enough for a good meeting! It seems like the AA area would be a relatively centralized location at this point in time. I'll look for a venue and setup a date and time.

Tentatively set up a Chapter 63 restart meeting this Saturday at 7:30 pm at JR's Hometown Grill and Pub in Milan just off 23. 1000 Dexter St Milan MI.

Last edited:
John, how has the group been doing? My brother-inlaw told me saw a gyro fly by his place in South Lyon ......snowmobile suit?

There are a few new Gyros out this way Ray. One AR-1 at Mettetal Airport where I'm at. One at Ann Arbor Airport a Sportcopter, and another at Howell Airport. I have an apprentice that is building a Hornet and another guy near me is building either a Bee or a Hornet. It's tough getting people together though. I'm not great at organizing. I may try again soon.

We'd be Happy to have you Tony! We are probably 50 miles west of Windsor. There are a few of us in or near the Plymouth Canton/Ann Arbor area. I've been threatening to have a meeting sometime in the near future. If you want, you can call me. I'll pm you my number.

How about we tentative schedule a meeting April 28? Sound good to you Tony?

Anyone up for a meeting at my house on Saturday? We can do it about 4 pm at my house and have some burgers and brats on the grill after. I have my gyro in the garage and I can show you my submission to the HeroX goFly competition too. (just pics and proposal) Let me know if you can make it! I'm just off 23 south of Ann Arbor Michigan.

Last edited:
Gee's I missed this. Great news.

John would you like PRA to send out a batch email inviting people to start up your chapter?