Rebuild

Thank you scott! Keep working and give us updates on your machine. Congrats on your new CLT Bensen gyrocopter!.And congrats you as a father,there are not to many father that raise kids the right way on this days. That is why they are good kids. I can sence you are a proud father:D!

Last edited:
Screw-In

Great Pics, and it looks like it's comming along real good. Are still gonna go with "PHUCIA?" I think I'm having some problems of my own with my gyro, but we'll see.

Screw-Out

Jose, I am going to use 2 pulleys to run the cable. Just like I think Caribean gyro said.
Thanks for the compliment on the kids, they are good boys, my oldest one just started college.

Hey Screw, I am NOT going to paint it fucia! I will probably paint it blue, or yellow or purple, but I would never have an ORANGE gyro. Cuz then it would be like yours!

I don't know yet. I may take it down to Warm Springs Ga, to use thier paved runway for all the taxi stuff. I might get Rick Abercrombie to test fly it as he works with me.

Unless I have it ready to test fly at ROC. :)

Scott, if you taxi till you feel good about the machine, why would you not test it yourself. Am I not thinking properly? If it was me, I would be the test pilot. So, seriously, what am I missing, here?

It should not be a problem Chuck I will probably taxi till I feel comfortable taxiing, and crow hoping. The biggest thing is the control rods adjusted properly etc. So it isn't a handfull to fly and set trim adjustments etc. I should be able to tell alot from taxiing and balancing on the main wheels.

It is common practice in the world of homebuilt aircraft to have a more experienced person, one who can comfortably jump from ship to ship and fly it them with no problems, do your first few flights on a new machine. The builder all too often has too many things going through his mind to be able to focus on flying the machine and not being worried over trim settings and centered sticks etc....

Scott, I certainly don't see a problem with that, I guess because I know how careful and meticulous you are. I adjusted mine till the rotor head was level when the stick was centered. It worked fine. I never even had to readjust them. My stick may be off center 1/2" to the right in straight flight.

It's coming along OK, a little slower than I would like, but I am not going to get into a hurry.

I have the engine put together, except for the cylinders. The post office lost my reed valves. So I had to file a report, and re-order the reed valves, now they are on back order.

I have the seat tank mounting brackets cut, I test mounted the instument pod.

I bought a new drill press.

I'll get som more done this weekend and take some pics.

Does your reed valves was insure?. I work for the USPS in PR. Maybe I can help you ;) !

The post office said they delivered the package, so it must have been stolen out of the mailbox!