Real Names

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
I agree. But with only two administrators it is hard for them to police every post.

If you notice something that does not follow the rules. Send a message to the forum administrator with some details.

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
I didn't see Charles post earlier.

Let me tell you how bad the registration has gotten. EVERY day the forum gets 30-40 new registrations. There are only usually 3-4 that are legitimate. I go through every registration and look for a "realistic" name and location, plus the e-mail address tells me alot.

For some reason the Spammers have really come at the forums hard in the last year. I didn't even review memberships until about a year ago then we just started getting a load of spammers registering.

Even with the review, occasionally someone will slip through. Just let me know.

Todd

Xavier AVERSO

Country...Country...Country

Country...Country...Country

Ce forum est un lien important entre nous tous, mais il faudrait ajouter le pays à l'adresse.
Exemple : Usa...Australie...Italie...etc..

This forum is an important bond between us all, but it would be necessary to add the country to location.
Example: USA... Australia... Italy...etc

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Todd you have an International family here. Good to be part of it.

Leigh.

Last edited:

ezeddie

Aviation Enthusiast
Aircraft
Aeronca, C150
Total Flight Time
100+ (FW)
Forum User ID's

Forum User ID's

Todd,
I vote Aye, for better and more complete ID's. If only to help each of us understand where a post is coming from. ie, many parts of the US and the world have various regs and laws regulating rotor flight, let alone customs and accepted habits.
This is a GREAT exchange of ideas and discussions of all type and kind. I'm 70+ yr old and have been involved in several hobbies over the years and next to none this is the breast user forum I have seen. Well now, there was this little letter a bunch of girls would "put out" down in San Diego when I was stationed there between Korea and Nam, but that is a different story....:tape:....

eddie.......
ps, I think my spell checker is broke...:rolleyes:......

Walker

Aircraft
RAF 200
Total Flight Time
Todd,

Walker here in Tumwater. I'm thinking about adding a forum for my business on my website http://www.apexkarting.com. I was wondering if you could call me @ 360-705-2739 (w) or 360-280-7131 (c) to tell me about your experience with 1)vBulletin and 2)being the admin for a BB.

TIA

Walker Armstrong, CEO
Apex Karting, Inc.
RAF 2000 GTX SS
Olympia, WA

reelmule

Reelmule
Aircraft
Beech Baron C55; Piper PA 18 Super Cub; RAF 2000 gyroplane
Total Flight Time
5,000+ hrs;
Todd, This has probably been covered before but in addition to the posters real name, city, state and Country I believe that there should be required fields in the aviation part that require an answer. If someone has no experience thay should say so. Thay should also be required to list their ratings, licenses, etc.. Those of us who have been around the forum a few years pretty much have it figured out but many newbies won't have this advantage.

karlbamforth

Aircraft
Fixed wing/ rotary
Total Flight Time
500+
I of course will make sure mine name and location are correct shortly but how will it be policed ?

How do we know their name and location are true, even more difficult with aviation experience etc. If I say I have 10,000 hrs but only have ten how will you know ?

Its a good idea and I trust that most ppl will be truthful, but that doesn't mean we can trust the information given.

EI-GYRO

21st Century Crankhandler
Two downsides to listing ratings,hours etc.,
1. Are they true?
2. Do we need more pissing contests than we already have?
3. Dont you know plenty of folks with more hours than God
who STILL haven t a clue?
4. I need to learn to count.

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG
There really is no way to verify any of this information unless I know the person, or someone else can vouch for them. I don't have the time or resources to conduct FBI-level background investigations.

I weed out the ones with obviously fake registrations and take a chance on the others.
If a spammer gets in, don't respond to their threads. Just let me or Ron know about it and we'll get rid of it the next time we log on.

And don't click their links either. :)

reelmule

Reelmule
Aircraft
Beech Baron C55; Piper PA 18 Super Cub; RAF 2000 gyroplane
Total Flight Time
5,000+ hrs;
We don't need to police and verify. If someone is claiming 10,000 hrs it won't take more than a couple of post to know if its all smoke and mirrors. I personally have much more respect for some one with no flying experience who adimits it and who has asked and or answered an intelligent question.

Lspav8r

Senior Member only in age
Aircraft
Nothing at this time, but I think the daughter and I are gonna get us a 2 place helicopter.
Total Flight Time
600+
I put my hours in because Im proud to have what I have and accident free. Im also proud of the three tours I did in Nam but I dont talk about it. Im also proud of the 25 years of federal service I have, and the fact that my daughter flies the baddest helicopter on the planet for the US ARMY.

Anyone want to question me about any of this? I thought not.

Last edited:

Russ Hobbs

Aircraft
Dominator Ultra white
Total Flight Time
30 Dual time
You do realize this was an old thread right 07/05/2009 was the last entry.

Lspav8r

Senior Member only in age
Aircraft
Nothing at this time, but I think the daughter and I are gonna get us a 2 place helicopter.
Total Flight Time
600+
Does that mean something

Does that mean something

You do realize this was an old thread right 07/05/2009 was the last entry.

Well now you know MY thoughts on the subject.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Posting in this thread to bring this back up for everyones attention. You must have your REAL NAME and preferably your location in your profile, or signature or as your user name.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
side note... after reading briefly through this thread, kinda creepy to see postings from two people that are no longer with us.... Rest in peace Mary Jane and Chuck Irby, both of you two are missed!