Real Names

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
Real, Full names are required in your profile. Unfortunately, some people will say nearly anything if they can hide behind a false identity.
There is no valid reason to use any name other than your own.

Everyone is welcome to register using whatever name they choose. However it will now be a requirement of this forum that your real name be available within your profile. It is recommended that you include your real name and hometown as part of your signature like I've done (see below). Anyone that disagrees with this policy, I apologize and hope this won't prevent you from participating.

Anyone currently in the Federal Witness Protection program is exempted. ;)

Re:Real Names

Everyone is encouraged to KINDLY ask others to adhere to this policy. Please refer them to this thread.

Good move Todd. This was my suggestion from the begining. I never forget a friend.

L.E. Funt-

Hello Todd,

Is it possible, or would it be simple, to come up with lists of members by state?

Chuck,

I think its a great idea. Right now this software does not allow any additional fields for the profile. We would need a "state" field to be able to sort the database. I've been seriously considering upgrading the forum to vBulletin which is a much more feature rich forum system. vBulletin would probably allow this type of feature.

Besides not having any time right now, I'm a little worried that people are getting tired of changes on the board. The couple server changes, although for the better may have caused some people to give up.

Any feedback on upgrading the forum?

Todd,

All feedback has been positive, except for one.
I received the following as a part of a private email:

"I really Loved the old format, where you would just click on
New Messages and read everything posted since your last session."

Todd,

I wonder if the sort-by-state function couldn't be maintained in another application available from the URL. I LOVE the current "search new" function.

All right, how are you guys getting your miniature pictures back in your profile? I didn't see a place to add it.

I found it under Edit Options (not in the Edit Profile area like I thought).:D

Last edited:
Hey Tod how do I go back and fill out my profile.Thanx Sonny

At the top of every page there is a button that says "user cp"

Click on that, then there are some options to complete your profile.

Todd
How dose the junior member, member senor member designation work?
I don’t know if it is good that I’m a senor member of the forum. People may think I know what I am talking about. :)

John,

IT is predicated on the number of posts a person makes.
You can also change the title in the 'User CP' on the upper left of the screen. Click on 'Edit Profile' and you can create a custom user title.

Thanks Mike
I wondered the same thing (Junior member), people might think I'm 12.
Maybe not a bad thing, I think like that sometimes.

the other thing you can do is make a contribution to the forum and get upgraded to supporter. IMO the best title you can have.

Hello Tod

Hello Tod

I would like to know who are those new members added in this forum please.
Some of them have really weird names and are from weird places.
The last new member at this time has a name that makes me think they are
not sincere.

I dont want to start a polemic about this but it looks doubtful that they do not accept the concept of giving real names and other required details.

I dont know if I'm the only one thinking this way but via internet, one can land anywhere without being watched or can do anything strange to a system.

Again, I dont want to arm anyone with this, but this forum's policy is that we must all identify sincerely.

Whats the general opinion?

Charles Gagne
Quebec city Qc
Canada