RC Magni M-16

okikuma

Hello Brian,

The kit you purchased, was it an old/new stock item or a current kit from the manufacture? If it is an old, no longer manufactured kit, please measure in millimeters, all the various items including the keel parts, and scan the drawings in a PDF format, then forward to John Roundtree so he can transfer into the PRA database collection.

Wayne

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Managed to get hold of a kit last week.
Score. Are they still selling these? Do you have a link where the community can buy them?

okikuma

Hello Chuck,

I never was big into control line flying either. I started out in free flight stand off scale, and later graduated to radio control. Model aviation taught me much about aerodynamics, structural analysis, and aircraft design, and enjoyed the process of learning. When I was old enough to learn to fly, I didn't really leave model aviation behind, just put it on "the shelf" for awhile as I could only afford one or the other.

One thing for sure, Aerovironment in Simi Valley, CA prefers to hire young engineers and technicians who are also avid model aviation enthusiasts.

On the second Friday evening of every month, inside the gymnasium of Luther Burbank Middle School in the city of Burbank, CA ian an indoor fly-in meet of indoor rubber powered free flight and electric RC aircraft. When I can, I like attending because I will often see one or a couple of young engineers from Aerovironment "secretly testing" some new concept aircraft.

Wayne

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Hello Brian,

The kit you purchased, was it an old/new stock item or a current kit from the manufacture? If it is an old, no longer manufactured kit, please measure in millimeters, all the various items including the keel parts, and scan the drawings in a PDF format, then forward to John Roundtree so he can transfer into the PRA database collection.

Wayne
That would be so awesome!!

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
Wayne, my models were strictly for educational purposes so bare bones was fine.
I was told by my mother that as a toddler, I preferred playing with screwdrivers and pliers rather than dolls. Just weird, I suppose.

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
I was told by my mother that as a toddler, I preferred playing with screwdrivers and pliers rather than dolls. Just weird, I suppose.
Chuck: I have always enjoyed your wit over the years on this forum!

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Well, function over beauty has its own reward in building more models/research in a shorter period of time.

Brian P

Hello Brian,

Wayne

Wayne I got it off someone who bought it a few years ago. I believe they're not being made anymore.
I'll measure the tubes when I start to build it.
There really isn't much to it. Making an airframe from scratch would take a few evenings.

okikuma

Evening Chuck,

Absolutely not weird for the early interest in tools. It was just the hint of who you are and your interests today.

Wayne