Raymond E. Umbaugh

rfsolutions

Black Sheep Rotorcraft
Aircraft
SCII, McCulloch J-2/AAG Conv/Vortex/Mooney M20C/Sparrowhawk II
Total Flight Time
1000+
I have a neighbor that is friends with Raymond E. Umbaugh's daughter. She had in her possession a plethora of articles about her father ( designer of the Air &Space 18). I have scanned all of the articles for preservation to the Gyroplane sport. If anyone wants them send me an email address in PM and I'll send them to you. Interesting stuff.

History or Technical papers?

History or Technical papers?

Perhaps these scanned articles could be archived on the Rotary Wing Forum under the History Channel or Technical Articles area?

Brian

Last edited:
Thank you Marv for all of your time and effort to make this .zip file. The quality is just fine and quite readable.

For an aircraft that was so well received and wanted by so many (I was one of the many), I still can't understand how a company with almost 10,000 people foaming at the mouth for one of those first year production aircraft.....could fail. It seemed like a slam-dunk.

I would gladly give J.R. the full original Umbaugh new price of $10,000.00 for his 18.....and that sucker is well used, and old.....but still a fine machine! Yep, I would!