Raf Poor Customer Service

automan1223

Aircraft
2p Tandem Air Command "Big Red"
Total Flight Time
Over the past 30 days I have called RAF 3 times and left messages with the secretary on duty to get back to me. I have also sent follow up EMAILS asking the same short questions to their email address listed on their web site.

I did not want to buy a RAF but I was inquiring about a set of rotorblades. Their carb / manifold set up and their stand alone ignition system. So far I have recieved 0 replies. ZERO, ZIP, NADA nothing. Over the years I have read about RAF and their lack of customer service after the sale.

I cant even get customer service BEFORE a sale. !

However, loosely quoting an engineer that was associated with RAF regarding the Bill Ortmayer accident got me 3 private messages from an RAF technician in less than 24 hours. Of course they wanted to know who my source I was quoting was so they could go and chew his ass out. And it was not even like I was saying anything against them in the first place.

In fact I was supporting them.

I know B days and SNF was coming up but you mean to tell me that there is no one there to answer a few questions.

As a prospective customer I could not be more dissappointed.

Talk about how NOT to run a company !

Sincerely
Jonathan Weis
Jonathans Automotive Repair
Oriental NC 28571

RAF did not attend B-Days this year. Duane Hunn and Jim Logan did attend and brought their RAF's.

Jonathan.

You think you had some issues with how RAF replies to any question regarding any parts or technical or safety issue.

Several months ago I e-mailed them and inquired about how the device D. Hunn made to stabalize the rotor works.........

Well I got a very quick answer from some guy that is working for RAF as some kind of engineer.

His answer regarding the improvement in stability was vague and did not really make sense to me, so I once again e-mailed him and asked some simple questions, well I guess someone must have told him who I am and boy did I get a nasty letter in reply.......

Now you must remember that I am an RAF owner and deserve to get at least some answer to my question that satisfies me.

Yup, they used to have the absolute lowest possible customer relations about ten or so years ago and judging from my last correspondence they have not improved.

Chuck E.

I gotta stop lurk'n now.

Chuck mate,I'v been lucky enough not to have had to contact RAF yet,but go'n by your experiance with them so far,I hope I never have to.Imagine how long it would take me to get a reply ere in oz.Can't understand their line of think'n,you'd expect they would go out of their way to help,especialy you,and I'm not trying to be a smart a## by saying that.
With a few small mods their machines could be one of the best crusing machines available.

Finally a response

Finally a response

I finally got a reply from RAF service. I guess they were super busy or they need more hamsters to turn that wheel so they can get caught up on the work load. I a sorry I had to get fumed and make noise but I guess thats the way things go these days. They did answer all of my questions though.

Jonathan

Maybe RAF lurks these parts and they saw everyones negitve posts.

Just an observation...but for as much attention as RAF gets, you sure don't see them around pushing their products. At least not at the same level as the SparrowHawk.

When I call, I try to get Mark Thorton. He is a good man. He answers my questions or calls me back with an answer.I even got a nice discount on some parts I ordered.Also gave me a nice discount off my rotor blades I ordered because I had a hub.They know I have 2 RAF's. Maybe that is what we all have to do to get VIP service. Buy 2!!!

I just had need of a new reduction drive plate. (I'll start another thread about that one.) But I got the part within 5 days of my call.

Sim and Marianne seem to have it together.

I have had nothing but excellent service from them,,,,and I wasnt the original customer. After I bought my unfinished kit...they took real good care of me.

One thing that I cannot complain about is the excellent Raf customer service. The customers that I sold Rafs to, have all had excellent customer service.

BUT, since I got the sack from Raf and emailed them, via their web site as they now have my email address blocked, requiring some parts ,I was emailed by Don saying that they do not supply the "Opposition".

I thanked Don for considering me as opposition and asked him to continue the excellent customer sevice that Raf had always supplied, as I was still a Raf owner.

They will supply the customers that I sold Rafs to, BUT, they will not supply me as I am seen as competition.

Don, "the flower" made my day when he said that!!!!!

Now my Raf customers have to order all the bits that they require directly from Raf. My customers, and thewy are Raf customers as well, appreciated it when I could organise their requirements.

I think that I will come over there one day and show Raf how to do the 48 states!!!!

Aussie Paul.

Chad said:
I have never been able to get that link (RAF) to work. Does it work for everybody else?

You may be very fortunate. There are quite a few widows and fatherless children who wish that their husbands and dads never saw it, especially those that bought into Don's proclamation that a horizontal stab is just a "contraption"......Whoops. Did I just say that? I can't believe I did. Slap-slap. (Cut it out, Ken) :rolleyes:

Chad;

I just clicked the URL on your post and it went right thru. Try again. If it still don't go thru, try typing it in your browser and GO.

That makes it sound like I know somethin' about computers, heh.

Harry_S. said:
Chad;

I just clicked the URL on your post and it went right thru. Try again. If it still don't go thru, try typing it in your browser and GO.

That makes it sound like I know somethin' about computers, heh.

Yea...tried all that, tried through linux and winxp browsers. Nada. I consider myself pretty handy at zippin' around the net but, I can not figure this out.

KSE,
I hear ya' loud and clear. I just wanted to see the damn website!!

If you have an ad zapper or virus program, you may need to shut them down first. I have to do it to access certain pages.