RAF Main wheel pant, broken or otherwise

Scooter

Anybody out there got a newer type RAF main gear wheel pant? I believe they are for 8 inch wheels, might be 6 inch, I forget. I just need one to make a mold out of. Once I make a copy of it, I can change it to suit my needs. I don't care if it's broken, I will fix it. I'll give it back fixed good as new, all shipping on me.

It's easier to have an old one to make a mold out of rather than building a plug from scratch. I want to put a set on my Zenith 701. Zenith doesn't have them and RAF thinks they are gold. Just e-mail me. [email protected]. Thanks, Larry

Re:RAF Main wheel pant, broken or otherwise

Larry, I think that the later Raf wheel pants are the same as some I saw on the Spruce web site. Aussie Paul.

Surly someone out there has a busted RAF wheel pant. At least half of RAFs get turned over within the first year. It's just a design flaw, too narrow of a rigid foot print!!! Plus other considerations.

Larry............. After all your history about how high gyros like the Dominators and so on were ugly....

Now your building a 701?????

not to be busting bubbles but THAT bird is far from a treat to the eyes!

I am just giving you a hard time Larry ;D

I have a broken wheel pant. You can use it if you fix it and send it back to me.
Also have the rear wheel one with out a mark on it.
Let me know. I will send pics later as I am at work now.
Russ

I don't think the stock 701 is much of an eye catcher, but wait until I'm done, it won't be stock. I really liked the Savanna better, but heard several war stories about bad parts, missing parts and having to wait up to 5 months for parts from Italy. The 701 kit is out of the good old US of A about an 8 hour drive from the house.
Other than the above I have several reasons why I picked the 701 to build, the main reason is I have a hanger and 700' strip/field and I wanted something I can use at my place. Gyros won't do it, I don't care for helicopters.
I've never built a fixed wing, build two and a half RAFs, probably 20 show cars, I wanted to build something different that hopefully I can use without having to go 30 miles to an airport everytime I want to fly.

Well the 701 does do short field well! Just is a machine that has function over form instead of the other way around.

I personally like these kinds of machines, BUT you made so many negative comments about certain gyroplanes that are built the same way - Function over Form. So I am just giving you a hard time ;D

My comments were not negative, it just depends on you point of view. If you prefer long legged, modified RAFs into non-RAFs then you may consider my comments negative. I happen to totally dislike the looks of a CLT mod, and have proven I can get excellent stability function while keeping the form. Therefore in my opinion my comments are positive.

Don't mean to be pushing, it sells itself. Either way is saving lives, that's what matters.