RAF Junk Frame?

cbonnerup

More Senior Every Day
Aircraft
Building a Gyro, modified J4B2
Total Flight Time
12 hrs PP; others as available
Please ladies and all others,
how much should I expect to pay for a less-than-airworthy RAF frame w/good or repairable cockpit? No rotorhead, no engine, nada.
I need to reserve the funds.

Thanks all,
Chris B.

nada

nada

I would not pay any amount . Start fresh.

the amount of money required to "repair" the craft / and convert to clt is going to equal what a new one would equal in the final analysis.

Dan is that you ?

Jonathan

Welcome back Sir!
No, not Dan Mc. if that is what you meant. I bought my soob block from him for a GOOD price. Heard a while back that he was going to offer his Parsons for sale; haven't heard from him in many moons.

Yea, I was considering that. My main reason for getting an existing frame is examining the ways and means of the frame, especially the sxs seating. I am not worried about a well engineered design of frame; I can do that. It is basically a learning exercise and hopefully a way to get the cockpit - again on the cheap...hopefully. The other option is to try and find a USED suitable RAF of Sparrowhawk cockpit.

Hope to meet you one day. Do you fly around Oriental? I used to sail regularly and been there on many occasions; NICE town.

Regards,
Chris

RAF cabin and frame

RAF cabin and frame

I remember not too long ago there was someone here on the RWF that had an RAF cabin and frame for sale very cheap just to get it out of their garage, someone I think had given it to them. Search the forum. Maybe someone else will remember.

Found it

Found it

Chris,

It was John Vargo on the RWF that had it listed, I sent him a PM to see if he still has it.

Chris,

It was John Vargo on the RWF that had it listed, I sent him a PM to see if he still has it.

Thanks Capt'n,
Hopefully we'll see what he has to say.

I spoke with Mr. Vargo about a year+ or so ago. He was not firm on the price and what was included with the deal (to my satisfaction). By satisfaction I mean that I was not willing to drive to upstate NY without a firm 'sorta' written (e-mail) commitment on price and more pics. It would have been a good candidate if the money were right and included trailer. But it's a long way to NY...I do not get thrills from a solo road trip.
Tooo Bad.

Thanks once more for your help; I appreciate it.
Chris