RAF aerial views

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
last picture for today.....I just cant hardly quit flying this thing. I really am completely satisfied with the RAF equipped with a stab. I have not found so much as any sign of it doing something surprising. :)

Attachments

KenSandyEggo

Platinum Member
Aircraft
McCulloch J2
Total Flight Time
approx. 1400+
Geeeee, Stan. I wonder where you got the idea for the "Red Kenny J. Double Yarn String Yaw Indicator" from? :mad: I have an active patent on it you know. My attorney will be sending you a licensing agreement for its further use. If the fee seems too steep for you and you continue using it, a cease and desist order will be the next step, followed by a full-blown law suit with punitive damages. You could have used green, you know. Photo of the original attached. Aaaaand......where the heck are your hills and mountains?

Attachments

Last edited:

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Ken: Nice photo...yea...its flat as a pancake here...I always wondered how I ended up in the middle of a giant cornfield. :rolleyes:

Hey...my yaw string has redundancy...I took off one day and the single one I had got all wrapped up. So I came out with my "new improved" model....dual red yaw strings. :)

Last edited:

Harry_S.

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
RAF2000
Total Flight Time
2000+ hrs.
Great satisfaction, isn't it Stan. Sometimes it takes a lot to come down and go home.

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Nutz,

I am stuck at work the weather is nice for the first time in weeks and these pictures are making me want to fly soooo baaaddd!!!!!

:( :( :(

Gary_in_Orygun

Ex-RAF 2000 Driver
Great ditch. Big enough to canoe on. I too am in amazement at "flat" terain. 28 years ago I was flying fixed wings over stuff like that in Wisconsin. Here in Ory-gun there be hills and mountains all over da place.

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Great Pictures!

I added the last one to my screen saver collection.

Ditches, streams and rivers are cool to follow. I like trying to stay right over the river at speed as I fly along ( granted in my 447 'speed' is a less impressive figure than in most...)

Attachments

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Tim: Great pictures you sent. I was flying the other day and saw a flock of geese...so I thought I would get in formation and take a picture......wrong....they broke up into a bunch of different v's and I was left all alone... :(

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Larry: That is a nice looking RAF with that stab you have. :)

I am very satisfied with my RAFand the way it flies with my stab. If I wasnt comfortable with it..I sure would not have made a three hour flight in it to Chicago and back yesterday. Very windy, had my doors on, light rain, heat on... and enjoyed the Illinois scenery roll by r-e-a-l s-l-o-w on the return flight.

I figure this is what my type of flying is....go somewhere..and go there in confidence and in comfort. I cant say enough about how good the RAF handles with a proper stab with the correct incidence. :)