RAF 40 hours flown off...

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I have logged my 40 hours and now I am a free eagle. I took my son Jeff up for his first flight. He weighs 270...and we took off with about ten gallons of fuel. Other than a much slower climb rate and the rotor rpms up...it felt good. He was ecstatic to say the least. It meant a lot to me because of almost losing him not long ago. He is a picture of health. Just wanted to share the moment.

Attachments

Mike Hook

Aircraft
Dominator
Thanks great news Stan
Glad you could share it with your son. One of those high marks in life.

Mike

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
Don't forget your log book !

Don't forget your log book !

Hey Stan, Congratulations. I knew it wouldn't take long. Don't forget to sign off of phase one in your log book. you will find the proper wording in your Operating Limitations.
Keep flying safe,

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Tom: Thanks.... I did exactly that. Last week I came in and had 40.6 hours total logged. I got out the paperwork you gave me that I keep onboard and immediately wrote it in.

I did my BFR in a Cessna 152 last week...so I am set for two years now...correction...my medical is due in Febuary.

I will fly up to the club meeting on the 25th....its just 81 miles...should be a fun little flight.

Stan

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Man, that was fast Stan.

From that pic you can tell Jeff was really Diggin' his ride! Did you go for Breakfast or just a spin?

All I think about & do , is finishing my new Gyro! I can't wait to get those Sport Rotors back on there at the airport, as just taxi! And you have already flown off 40 hrs! You're killin me. I'd consider myself lucky if I get 40hrs on it this season, but since I'm still unemployed this could be my year( for what I don't know). I can't wait for my first strange airport breakfast.

Got my Comtronics helmets with Dualcom 2 intercom. Switches between 2 radios and my Walkman plugs in for music. Imagine talking with your passenger while listening to your favorite music .....on the way for breakfast....in shorts & sandels!....In my gyrocopter... It's definitely gonna be a dream come true..

My exhaust is finished & mounted... I left the camera at the garage... pics coming tommorow.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Chris: I have been busy flying....but it wasnt all about burning up those 40 hours. Almost every flight I tried to learn something...best glide...steep descents....compass corrections..engine outs..whatever. Presently I am doing those stability checks that Gregg Gremminger so excellently documented.

I am going to slow down my intensity from now on and strectch out the life of my machine. Just going to be savoring the moment more. :)

Stan