RAF-2000

Rene Genest

Aircraft
Bensen and RAF 2000
Since three years now unable to recover my medical, I want to sell my RAF 2000. First in service in 1993, engine replaced in 1997. engine airtime 156 hours and cell 205. Since I purchased it in 2010, I replaced all circuitry according to the aviation needs as I am an electronic technician. I also put a brand new rotor from Vortech in 2013 and new prop from Warp Drive. Since all of that, it being used for ground roll testing only. Everything works great. I always stopped the engine with the crank at the ''top'' position. At each season's end I also always filled the engine with nitrogen from the carburator to the exaust to prevent inside from any moisture or humidity. Samething for the engine's oil carter. The rotor blades always being rested on a support as you see on the picture. No damage history and always hangared. Never being left outside even for only one night. I'M asking $10000. I'm located in Quebec city, in Canada. Cell 581-989-2042. For more infos, visit http://servicecamerapro.com/RAF-2000.html

Attachments

• RAF AR.jpg
    RAF AR.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 132
  • RAF AV.jpg
    RAF AV.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Tableau1-S.jpg
    Tableau1-S.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
what rotor blades are on your gyro? has this gyro flown in the last 3 years or so. Is your price U.S or Canadian Money?

Phonix 30', aluminium. It being tested on ground rool on runway until take off. It accelerate rapidly and smoothly. As my medical
do not allow me to do it by myself and only have 6 hour training by a CFI in US many years ago, so too little experience I did not
took off and make a circuit. Insurance would not be applicable. I neither have any CFI here in Quebec who could test it with me.
It always being well hangared. Never ever spent one night outside the hangar. It being tested full runup and runway running
with rotor accelerating until airborne many times every summers. It do not show the doors but they are included. The price is
in US but I would accept an honnest offer.

Attachments

• Rotor.jpg
    Rotor.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
what rotor blades are on your gyro? has this gyro flown in the last 3 years or so. Is your price U.S or Canadian Money?
Phoenix Rotorblade sold by Vortech at that time in 2013 and stored many years until ready to fly.

Attachments

• Vortech invoice.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 12
Also, is that price correct? $10,000 seems VERY low for such a beautiful aircraft. Sadly, it exceeds the Light Sport weight limit, which may be a show stopper for some.

You can submit a form to the FAA and reduce the weight to meet sport pilot. My friend did it for his RAF.
Bob,

That is not the way a FSDO explained the rule to me.

Jim

14 CFR Part 1.1

Light-sport aircraft means an aircraft, other than a helicopter or powered-lift that, since its original certification, has continued to meet the following:

(1) A maximum takeoff weight of not more than -

(i) 1,320 pounds (600 kilograms) for aircraft not intended for operation on water; or

(ii) 1,430 pounds (650 kilograms) for an aircraft intended for operation on water.

(2) A maximum airspeed in level flight with maximum continuous power (VH) of not more than 120 knots CAS under standard atmospheric conditions at sea level.

(3) A maximum never-exceed speed (VNE) of not more than 120 knots CAS for a glider.

(4) A maximum stalling speed or minimum steady flight speed without the use of lift-enhancing devices (VS1) of not more than 45 knots CAS at the aircraft's maximum certificated takeoff weight and most critical center of gravity.

(5) A maximum seating capacity of no more than two persons, including the pilot.

(6) A single, reciprocating engine, if powered.

(7) A fixed or ground-adjustable propeller if a powered aircraft other than a powered glider.

(8) A fixed or feathering propeller system if a powered glider.

(9) A fixed-pitch, semi-rigid, teetering, two-blade rotor system, if a gyroplane.

(10) A nonpressurized cabin, if equipped with a cabin.

(11) Fixed landing gear, except for an aircraft intended for operation on water or a glider.

(12) Fixed or retractable landing gear, or a hull, for an aircraft intended for operation on water.

(13) Fixed or retractable landing gear for a glider.

FAA does not require maximum gross weight to be listed for Certification of Amateur built aircraft.

The only items required to be listed on the data plate are
Builder's name.
Model designation.
Builder's serial number.

It is up to the builder to determine max gross weight. Which could change if different sizes of rotor are used or engine is changed. Affecting the gross weight.