question on assembly of mac-90 magneto.

taint

Aircraft
ultralite minimax airplane, ultralite benson gyro
i need to assemble my impulse coupling and had a unfortunate mishap of the thing flying apart with no record of its assembly . I know it can be assembled two ways 180 degrees apart with having the (x) mark off 180 degrees. and maybe timing problems assembled wrong or hard starting . Does any one have a photo of a correctly assembled impulsed coupling? i need to know if the shaft key-way needs to be on the top or bottom .attached photos below shown (A) with front view with shaft key-way on top with impulse coupling assembled . and then (b) with shaft key-way on the bottom of the assembled impulsed coupling.thanks again taint

Attachments

• HPNX0555.jpg
    HPNX0555.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HPNX0556.jpg
    HPNX0556.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
  • HPNX0548.jpg
    HPNX0548.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1
  • HPNX0549.jpg
    HPNX0549.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1
Taint, did I get you a copy of the Mac Manual? I have it on a pdf file.

Red sent me a photo of a impulse cuppling assembled with the shaft key-way on the (top) pointing to the stock # H-28 134 and not pointing toward the arrow at bottom.Manny people complain about there macs having hard starting and this may be there problem because the impulse cuppling quick's starts the engine at the wrong timing cause it can be assembled two ways easily, one right and one wrong.!!!